WEC spoilers

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Beebs, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Whoa, Filho comes out and more or less KO's Doerkson on the feet with punches. Well, knocked him down and then kept the punches coming, very promising fight for Filho.

2. Tko4

Tko4 Left high kick Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Fihlo's stand up reminds me of Wandy's. It's wild as all hell, yet it somehow works (for the most part). What happened with Fihlo going to the WEC and not UFC? I remember something awhile back, but don't remember the specifics. In any event, the man deserves to be in the UFC. The 185-lb. division is quite weak right now in the big league.

3. ufoalf

ufoalf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Well today in WEC those were straight up Fedor punches, long hooks. He was kinda slow with them but they obviously did the job.

4. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
    I'm sure Filho wanted to put on an exciting performance to impress the higher ranks and release him from his prison (WEC) and get him into the UFC.

5. nfc90210

nfc90210 Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2006
    As far as I know Filho is in the WEC because him and Anderson Silva train together and so there is very little point in having them both in the UFC because they won't fight each other.

6. Donut62

Donut62 Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Filho looked slow and scared at first, but that is to be expected when he's coming back from a torn ACL, seperated shoulder, and his first fight in a new organization/country. The dude is strong as hell and throws some thunder. It ain't pretty, but it does the trick.

7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Condit looked pretty good.