weight lifting...why such different views on it in boxing???????

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by highguard, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

Yes......... compared to his stronger left.

Righties don’t get forced to write with their left hand.

It’s never been done before.

2. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

Left to right on paper......... easier with right.

3. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

[yt]yWEhCEUJAL8[/yt]​

4. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

He’s naturally left handed.

5. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

Similarly Nonito Donaire is a true lefty orthodox who was forced to write with his right hand.

Lucian Bute sports the forced jab.

Nonito Donaire sports the forced power hand (ala Pacman).

6. lefty

lefty Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    He has good credentials but there is no science or studies that I know of behind what he claims in those articles, you see that with alot of strength and conditioning coaches who try to seperate themselves from the pack, they come up with a gimmicky way of training. If he's been in the game for a while and he hasn't kept up with research it can happen. Maybe he has some theory for why training like that might be superior but in that link he used scientific terms without explaining anything and it honestly sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about. The degree of change in muscle fibres is a contentious issue but there's no real debate about the fact that you can't change one fibre type into another as the characteristics of a motor unit are determined by the nerve innervating them. If you know of any studies or any of his work where he actually explains something hook us up with a link, because what he's saying goes against what I've been taught and my lecturer is always looking at the latest studies. I thought that the idea of trying to move a weight as fast as possible was old school at this point.

7. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    No I'm a natural right hander and I sometimes write with my left when I'm in a more comfortable position to write with my left as there is minimal difference between my two hands, my fine motor control skills in my left allow me to do that. As you say it's more unnatural to write pushing from left to right instead of pulling from left to right but it's no real problem. Are you trying to make a point about something or what?

8. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    I don't understand your point, neither of these guys are anywhere near the level of Lomachenko. Artayev probably didn't deserve that trophy either. Are you sure you've watched Lomachenko? He is miles ahead of the kid you're talking about from what he does in that video. Is this Stead kid in the 60kg division? If he is and he's good enough next year he might get to meet Lomachenko and then you'll see what I'm talking about.

9. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

What hand do you drink with?

10. Hypercube

Hypercube Guest

He’s a gold medallist lol.

11. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    Generally my left I think. I wank with my right, I have the feeling that question is coming next.

12. lefty

Apr 29, 2006
    You haven't seen Lomachenko or you don't know boxing. Plenty of boxers win gold, Lomachenko is on another level. He is more skilled than any boxer in the world, amateur or pro. He's an offensive and defensive genius who is versatile, intelligent and an exceptional athlete on top. He is unbeatable and once he makes his mark in the pros he'll be remembered as an all time great. You might think that it's premature to say that but if you understand boxing you can see it in him, I've never looked at any boxer as being close to perfect apart from Lomachenko. In the ring he literally does whatever he wants, the only thing that could hold him back in his career is him being bored by his opposition and boxing from it being too easy for him.

13. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Lomachenko a g.