Weight Training for Legs

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Mr.DagoWop, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Lol

2. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Sorry I thought this was a boxing forum, not a weightlifting or powerlifting forum. In powerlifting they call it the Squat because that's their competition movement. In everything else you also talk about all the squat variations both bilateral and unilateral. You don't get to be imprecise with your words then get upset when people are confused. And when you make a mistake take ownership, otherwise you'll never develop. It seems like you have a lot of development to do as a person and as a communicator based on what you show here, be humble and good luck.

3. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Generally, if someone says "squats," you immediately think of a back squat, not a front one, no?

I've never known the need for someone to specify "front" or "back" when talking about squats. He's not being imprecise, he's following language convention.

4. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Don't worry, mate. Dago is correct on everything as ever. Him and his buddy Rez are the forum knowledge powerhouses. Lol.

5. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    He himself in the post talked about front squats, so of course he is then going to need to specify what he is talking about when he says 'squats'. I don't care what you've never known, I work in sport and when you say 'squats' that means goblet squats for some, Bulgarian squats for some, single leg squats for some etc.
    Take it for what it is, when you talk about anything in any field you should be precise with your language if you want to be a proficient communicator.

6. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    A squat is called a squat whether its weightlifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, or strength and conditioning. Its a universal term. You're arguing semantics.

I'm plenty humble. What YOU want me to do is take sh*t from people. That I will not do. I get along perfectly fine with 99% of the forum. You just felt the need to put in your 2 cents here.

reznick likes this.
  7. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    You don't need to specify conventional terms. Or else our language would be overconvulted with superfluous descriptions of things that don't need to be specified.

If you really want to help the kid, seek understanding of his point of view. Don't pile more crap on him just because everyone else is, and use subterfuge to pretend you have his best interest at heart.

Mr.DagoWop likes this.
  8. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    Don't mess with virus, he's been going to the gym for 15 years! (LA Fitness)

9. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Please do share where this happened...

Not really. I speak from 15 years experience of weight training is all. If people are offended by that then they need to grow up.

Really? How so?

Are you a boxing coach? Have you had many fights if any? I'm wondering how 15 years experience is "paper thin" when you've been learning to box for a few years maybe, yet you and your buddy Dago speak like authority figures in every thread.

This just makes no sense.

If you honestly think Dago, a 135lbs 17 year old is going to fly over to the UK to fight someone you're a simpleton. It's a hollow pointless threat that makes the guy look like a moron.

Not really. I've done the same to fellow Englishmen too. Also a few guys from Asia.

Nope.

mrkoolkevin likes this.
  10. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Na. They don't have an LA Fitness near me. Pity.

11. reznick

Mar 17, 2010
    Idk, he seemed down.
    It looked like you were the one to put a halt to it.

12. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Really? Well maybe that was another lie like when he said he's had 3 matches earlier in the thread then admitted he was lying to "troll" me. Lol.

mrkoolkevin likes this.
  13. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Yeah and it worked lmfao

14. Mr.DagoWop

Jul 1, 2015
    Sheeeeeeiiit, all expenses paid? I'm in!

15. dealt_with

Apr 27, 2012
    I was simply explaining why you confused people. And you refused to accept responsibility for the perception you created, you refused to take responsibility over something small like that. That's indicative of your character, good luck to you because you'll need it.