Were your parents supportive?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by The_Hammer, Jun 27, 2007.

1. SouthPaw_Swamer

SouthPaw_Swamer Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Yeah my parents don't want me to box, especially sence i have 4 screws in my jaw from an operation i had, hey it could only make my jaw stronger right?(Probably not huh?)

2. kNIVEK

kNIVEK New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2007
    my parents both really do not want me boxing, esp my mom. they said they would let me train, but not fight or anything, so i'll just have to train till im 18, then ill be able to go off on my own and finally start getting fights in.

3. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006
    How old are you now?

show your parents this:
    http://www.usaboxing.org/100.htm

4. RockOn33

RockOn33 Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2005
  5. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    :lol: She's starting to get used to it, but she says "when you get hit, its like I got hit too." Then I ask, did you feel the pain? Did you get punched right in the face?" hen she goes "no." then I say exactly and walk away, Of course she is all pissed at me after wards, but what r ya gonna do? :conf

6. SouthPaw_Swamer

SouthPaw_Swamer Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2006
    :lol: that's off ROCKY!

7. Bill1234

Bill1234 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 28, 2007
    I know, but its what she says.:D

8. kNIVEK

kNIVEK New Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2007
    im 16. already showed them that. showed them a whole bunch of other stuff as well, let them talk to like 4 trainers already, argued with them all night yet they wont let me still =/

9. Kolya

Kolya Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Well, then it sounds like it's time to say to your parents "Mom, Dad, I love you both, despite the fact that you're pansies. I won't be hurt by boxing and it's my choice, so live with it. Otherwise you don't get **** when I make it big."

Sorted.

10. Krippy

Krippy Thread Killer Full Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Hey no worries mate. I've had 5 operations on my hip and pelvis as a result of a dual staph infection. My left hip is completely ****ed up and the left leg is nearly 2 inches shorter than the right.. On top of that I knocked out my front teeth in 5th grade and I got a root canal on two of them.

My mom's still OK with it. I think once you show that you are dedicated and truly care about the sport, they realize that there is nothing they can do to stop you. :good

11. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Im 31 started at 30 to get serious. So I don't much care. They think its cool, my pops is a big fight fan, but deep down I think they don't want me to do competitions, smokers, tournaments, etc. To bad though, its good to be a grown man, sometimes...

12. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    if you're 31 you dont have much time left, i dont think you can fight after 34.

13. Little_Mac

Little_Mac Active Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    OK heres what you do. You sit your parents down in a real heart to heart manner and say this line-

"Mom... Dad... I'm joining the military"

Compared to that, boxing won't seem so bad. Worked for me- my parents are relieved i'm "only boxing".

14. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    No doubt.. Thats why I train so hard. We have masters divisions here for 35 and over... So trying to get all I can in before then.

15. amy

amy If you know what I mean Full Member

May 23, 2006

You are a genius. :nod