What approach will Fury take to the trilogy?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GlassJoe, Sep 13, 2021.

1. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Furys inside game is top class. He could create a little more room for himself at times but he prefers to wrestle and feel his opponents strength. Mawling effort.

Perfect style of inside fighting against AJ who you don't want to give room to let off his combos.

GlassJoe likes this.
  2. Sean weir

Sean weir Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I think the fight will be much the same, but it will be over far more quickly this time round.

3. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    I think that he definitely could hang inside and just throw body shots all day if he wanted, but like you said, he wants to put his weight on Wilder, rough him up, take him into the dark and murky swamp.

northpaw and Nick UK like this.
  4. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Wilder will expect it and plan for it in the rematch. If Wilder has a proper response for those tactics then Fury will have to quickly switch to Plan B and C

5. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4 Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I reckon Wilder will think he is prepared for it and try whatever new move Scott has shown him, it won't work and he will revert back to his old ways and get terrorized by Fury again.

GlassJoe likes this.
  6. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    If somethings not broke why fix it? His approach last time out worked great and if it turns to a boxing match that’s in Fury’s favor to. Wilders only chance is a Ko

GlassJoe likes this.
  7. Nick UK

Nick UK New Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    That made me spit out my coffee! Brilliant

GlassJoe likes this.
  8. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Wilder has to date not exhibited the ability to evolve. This is a hypothetical that is well near the realm of impossibility

GlassJoe likes this.
  9. GlassJoe

Dec 8, 2012
    First of all, jeebus where did that profile pic come from haha. I think what his pops is working on with him is that instead of just roughing him up inside, also use angles for punching. Don't be so stationary all the time, make Wilder think about where he's going to be and what he's doing. Not just the same or predictable habit, because who knows how much training to adapt to that tactic Wilder has done.

10. Rakesh

Rakesh Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    It seems Fury was planning to manhandle and bombard AJ which was why he gained so much weight (and was quite horrendous to look at those love handles tbh). Pretty sure when Wilder crashed back into the party with the lawsuit, Fury set the whole Covid-19 thing up for more time to lose the weight because slugging with Wilder is suicide. Im pretty sure he is going to combine both styles and switch between going on the backfoot and front foot. Maybe start off early letting Wilder come forward and later in the rounds once he isn't as fresh, blast him. Just my 2 cents.

GlassJoe likes this.
  11. GlassJoe

Dec 8, 2012
    That's what I wonder as well. It's not easy to switch back and forth or go in between these approaches. If anyone can do it however, it's Fury. If he can, he's brilliant.

12. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    A good, good beating on Wilder's ears.

Fury's hooks on the opponent's ears are underrated. Are the best shots of his arsenal imo.

13. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Tentative but similar to the second fight. I think Wilder is dangerous in this fight and anything could happen early..

14. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Same as the second fight. Suck up Wilder's space, deprive him of the room to get his whiplike shots going. Lean on him, maul him, tie him up . Club him up close and make the size tell. Once Wilder's muscles swell with blood from all the clinching and shoving he's going to lose the speed that makes him dangerous and from then on its over.