What Boxer in the Heavyweight division today you think can defeat Deontay Wilder ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by WillieWild, Nov 24, 2019.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    In favor of what ? Weight isn't an advantage over wilder its height. No guy below 6'2 would defeat wilder if he cant have quick feet .Its why he know its a far easier fight for him then AJ,hence " I want Ruiz not AJ "

2. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Wilders team will scout Hrgovic out of everything to do with Hrgovic and stay away from that one at all costs if Wilder manages to slide by fights beyond 2020 .

3. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I wasn't talking about weight. I'm saying that Ruiz being smaller works to his advantage.

Yes, Ruiz doesn't have particularly fast feet. But he's got fast hands and he'd be able to get inside on Wilder.

I personally think that Ruiz is a much harder fight stylistically than what Joshua would be for Wilder.

Joshua is tall and doesn't have fast hands. He doesn't throw lots of combinations. He hasn't got good in-fighting abilities and he has stamina issues.

Wilder would be able to time Joshua much easier than what he would Ruiz.

Ruiz brings speed, power, pressure, hunger and confidence to the table.

Although Joshua is technically better than Wilder, I think Wilder would take him out. Yet I'd give Ruiz a very good chance of winning.

How do you see the rematch playing out next week?

Juan carlos likes this.
  4. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    That is interesting coming off the Otto Wallin fight for Fury

Rumsfeld likes this.
  5. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    This content is protected

6. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Wilder will use his side A power vs Hrzgovic and fight drained Philip at 215 catch weight.

7. Official Scorecard

Official Scorecard Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Beside Tyson Fury? There's a couple of them that would stand a chance beating him. Here's what I think:

-Usyk ( I'd favor Usyk 55/45 to 60/40, Wilder would probably barely hit him, but if he lands that right...)
    -Ruiz (Wilder favorite 55/45 to 60/40, Ruiz isn't gunshy at all, uses every opportunity to counter, but he isn't really actively looking to get on the inside)
    -Joshua (Wilder favorite 55/45)
    -Whyte (Wilder favorite 55/45, Whyte loves to go in the inside, but still there's a great chance for Wilder catching him on his way in)
    -Povetkin (Wilder favorite 60/40, Povetkin the similar style to Whyte and more skilled but so old now, much slower with a very diminished punch output)

8. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Stylistically I think Parker and Ruiz could give Wilder problems. Good chins, very underrated defensively (mainly Parker who doesn't get enough credit for his defensive work) and quick hands Parker is not as good as he should be on the inside though unlike Ruiz. Wilder, although his chin is decent imo, doesn't look overly comfortable when defending off the back foot against a come forward fighter hence why I think Ruiz could be a nightmare for him.

Not sure how good Usyk's chin at HW and he is a very slow starter in fights which is why I'm unsure as to how he goes against Wilder at this stage. We all knows that he'll outbox him but how does he take a punch?

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Joshua doesnt have fast hands? Are you blind?

He doesnt have inside game either? His best work is done on the inside... all the professionals and 99 .999999 per cent of the forum agree Joshua doesnt have an outside game or jab

Why are you the only one who thinks otherwise?

Hopefully because you are talking about another fighter called Joshua

10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Stylistically and overall, Whyte would give Wilder his hardest fight to date.

Bodyshots would gas Wilder almost immediately.. look what it did to Chisora Rivas Brown AJ Parker and all of Whytes victims

Whyte has chopped plenty fighters with body shots who were much thicker in the mid section than Wilder... no amount of conditioning or abs work can prep you for that sorry

between his thin abs ribs and body organs there is too little meat to absorb Whytes shots

AJ is a bodybuilder well conditioned beast snd he was getting hurt bad by the body shots and that was back in 2015

Rivas is the most stocky guy in the division.. 236 at 6 foot? All muscle.. thats like mr olympia level

and he was getting hurt

How the hell is 6 foot 7 ..215 pound Wilder going to take those? Answer: he wont

Right hand, left hook, jab... Whyte can hurt Wilder with plenty of shots... they have hurt many other big strong tough guys

11. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Noone. That right hand is too long and changes the complexion of a fight immediately.

12. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    My eye sight is fine.

He's fast for a man of his size, but not in comparison to a guy like Ruiz.

He's not notoriously fast.

I didn't say he didn't have an inside game. I said he hasn't got particularly good in-fighting abilities.

Ruiz would be a hard match for Wilder.

You have labelled Joshua as a body builder yourself. Although he's technically better than Wilder, he isn't as fast. I think Wilder would catch him.

13. Always Learning

Always Learning New Member banned Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Very Strong chance
    Tyson Fury
    Oleksandr Usyk
    Filip Hrgovic

Good Chance
    Andy Ruiz Jr
    Anthony Joshua
    Dillian Whyte
    Murat Gassiev
    Arslanbek Makhmudov

Decent Chance
    Adam Kownacki

14. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Out of all the fighters out there I think Parker has the right mix to beat Wilder

There are other who’ve all been mentioned here but I’ve thought for a while now that Parker will come again and it’ll be Vs Wilder. I don’t think Deontay and his handlers want anything to do with Parker, if they did they’d have gone after his belt before Joshua did.

15. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I think Ruiz is to flat footed and would get caught Usyk has a much better shot

heerko koois likes this.