What boxing matches do you think would have different results under old school NHB rules?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Moggy94, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    What are some boxing matches that you believe would have had different results under a different ruleset like the early MMA NHB type style fight where pretty much everything is okay except biting and eye gouging? Here are some I believe would be different:

Don't see Chris Byrd beating Jameel McCline, Andrew Golota, Vitali Klitschko and probably David Tua.

I think Andrew Golota takes Riddick Bowe, he can now legally punch below the belt in NHB. Lou Duva once said "He's World Champion if its a bar fight" Regarding Andrew Golota.

Jeremy Williams, while a journeyman in boxing was Judo Black belt and fought a few fights in MMA, he likely beats all the guys he lost too.

Fabio Maldonado is probably similar, a BJJ black belt so he could use it against guys he lost against like Carlos Takam and Michael Hunter.

Israel Adesanya lost a boxing match to Daniel Ammann, definitely doesn't happen under this ruleset.

Carl Thompson with his Muay Thai background likely beats Johnny Nelson in this kind of fight.

Dillian Whyte likely beats Anthony Joshua with his Kickboxing and MMA background.

Does Mike Tyson beat Holyfield? Holyfield can headbutt as much as he wants, Tyson can throw elbows and both can hit low. I'd go with Tyson.

Mysterious Billy Smith was disqualified 12 times in boxing for hitting while an opponent was down, kneeing biting and wrestling. Great choice to win if it's NHB or even a street fight.

I see Muhammad Ali losing in this environment to George Foreman, Chuck Wepner, George Chuvalo, Ron Lyle and Joe Frazier most likely.

2. lamarclark09

lamarclark09 Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2022
    I agree with all the results at the starting point when my favorite boxer loses the match then I wanna change the result under the rules but in the end, it goes right.

3. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021
    I've never personally cared who wins fights, as long as it's a good fight I'm happy

lamarclark09 likes this.
  4. outtieDrake

outtieDrake Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Foreman ali defo.

Ali style after post 3 year suspension was the worst style for mma or nhb . To much stalling and staying in the pocket, he would have gotten his legs chewed up.