What chance does Dominic Breazeale have to pull the upset?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mike1978, Apr 18, 2019.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I don't think that's the factor, I think wilder just has no sense of urgency in his fights, he doesn't run out and blast people like he did before Stiverne 1. I think when Wilder lands Breazeale sleeps

2. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I don't care for either fighter although I'm pulling for Braezeale to pull the upset. I think he has a very slim chance at winning. He's the right size and has significant power but he's so clumsy, and oafish in the ring. I still think about how Mansour dominated him and then blew it with the freak injury. Mansour was a rugged guy but not very fast and extremely small and was still able to get off on him. Let alone the Joshua fight (we all know what happened). Wilder has no skill whatsoever but one thing he is, is fleet footed and a bomber. You also can't really anticipate what angles Wilder's shots are gonna come from (except for the slick, white phenom that is Tyson Fury), so a slow clubbing guy vs. a fleet footed bomber has almost no chance at hitting a home run. And his defense, he puts the earmuff's on that's gonna give Wilder the chance to tee off on him, Wilder's gonna hit everything.

Again, I truly hope Breazeale wins and rids us of Wilder's mouth but I don't pick by biases, I pick by what I see *shrugs*

Russell likes this.
  3. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Watch every Wilder fight from Stiverne 1 to present and see if you think Breazeales chances are still only 10% ! :watchout:

In a fight like this it's a shoot out no matter how long it lasts bc one punch landed at the wrong time for the loser is all it will take. :machinegun:

Depending on who weighs what and that will tell you more on the day before.

Should Wilder weigh less then 215 and a Breazeale looking in sharp shape already , it could be a very bad night for Wilder. :ggg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    de Morhalle likes this.
  4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Wilder has no sense of urgency bc he knows Barclays judges give him rounds he doesn't win so he doesn't worry about it.

Against Fury he knew he had to win rounds or make it look like it being more aggressive, bc most know he won limited rounds at Staples center.

Here it won't matter bc someone is getting stopped, if there's ever a fight I would pick for a K.O it's this one.

We don't know how Wilder will fight because Breazeales the hardest puncher he's facing so he's either going to be cautious or try and hurt Breazeale early.

People are also ignoring what Breazeales going to do, Wilder if can't establish a jab and Breazeales intent is ending the fight before round 4 , Wilder will lose this fight unless he catches Breazeale bc Wilder if stunned is up against a top finisher and Wilder is not good in slugfests , he needs space to land and generate on a swinging opponent.

Wilder averages 9 rounds in title fights , I seriously doubt Breazeale being known for durability is just going to quit with the first punch. I would seriously bet Wilder folds first of Breazeales shot lands first ,Wilder cannot take a real power punch as I can see, so I'm giving him only a 55% chance of winning here.

5. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    With Wilder's fragile whiskers, an upset is always possible. If Dustin Nichols and Harold Sconiers can put him on the canvas, Breazeale can keep him there.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  6. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    This content is protected

7. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    DB is too hittable .he's getting cracked heavyweight Sam Eggington

8. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Also bear in mind Wilder has popped his right hand three times . Against a durable man like Breazeale , a possible injury occurrence for Wilder during the fight is something to watch out for . If he goes in swinging to wildly it could end up damaging his wrists and disabling his own right hand . Wilder's right hand is a double edged sword especially on the wild outward swings , Wilder needs to keep his arms flush and straight and keep patience and peppering Breazeale in order to win .

9. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    Hmm and look how that went , only a fool would offer those odds in boxing no matter the boxer .