What do we actually think of Connor Benn?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by murphman22, Apr 17, 2022.

1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Just rewatched the fight back.

Looks good being the aggressor, however when standing ground at close range he looks completely lost and off balance.

He looks his best when he has a little bit of distance, as he is winding up that right hand, gives him full leverage to step in with it.

I think a decent pressure fighter will absolutely muller him. He's not big enough imo, it'll end in tears once someone stands their ground with him who's compact and we'll see him resort to wild swinging and getting sparked.

Skyver likes this.
  2. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    The next opponent for Conor Benn who would fit perfectly in relation to his development would be Adrien Broner in the UK in July or August.

I believe Conor Benn would defeat Broner. He must stay far away from all the other names.

hobby rider likes this.
  3. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    I watched it this morning and I find it absolutely baffling how very few of his opponents have worked on the check-hook. Are their trainers blind? The way this lad comes lunging in.. Incredible.

4. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The comments about Avanesyan and the European title being beneath Benn were what really got me and put me off ever being able to get behind him. Especially when you consider the history of the belt and some of the great fighters who have been honored to fight for it and see winning it as a proud achievement.

Astro likes this.
  5. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Mixed feelings on Conor Benn he has been serving his apprenticeship and in fairness has he improved the problem is he has been sold by Hearn as fully equipped tradesman and a new superstar which is purely to do with his name. Hearn’s and Conor’s problem now is that they have bypassed the normal domestic top 10 and I believe that within that group they would several more than capable of giving Conor major problems. This would also severely worry Hearn with his risk to reward algorithm! However Brook and Khan do fit the bill in that they are past it but still marketable . Looks like Khan is available.

6. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    It’s Hearn that’s not going to do him any favours. That ridiculous speech he made after the fight last night. Benn is spiteful, he’s elite blah blah blah. Does Hearn even know what elite means? There’s only 2 elite fighters currently residing in the 147 division and that’s Crawford and Spence. Hearn is so desperate to create another PPV attraction he’ll say anything. And Hearn is so petrified of putting him in with Avenesyan it’s laughable. Just cos the guy he fought last night did a few rounds with Spence 6 years ago doesn’t make him any good.

zulander and Frankie Blue Eyes like this.
  7. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I think he is a bit of a *****, he has progressed better than I thought he would but keeps fighting pointless fights so hard to tell if he is any good or not, they'd wheel out Khan or Brook but they'd have to pay too much and without SKY PPV can't do it, this is where Hearn has cocked up, he by now woud've done Benn vs Khan/Brook SKY PPV, made a fortune, boost Benn's name even more

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    21 fights and still nowhere near a live test - says it all.

zulander likes this.
  9. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    He's certainly improved alot and clearly worked hard. Fair play. And despite Hearn's cringeworthy promotion of him i would support him if he was such a complete tool.

But he is a tool. Makes Eubank Jnr look modest and humble. Comes across a bit like a British Wilder.

So i look forward to seeing him get ktfo. Think he will if he goes anywhere near elite level since ,despite an ever improving offence, his defence is very poor.

10. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    And still should have a 'L' on his record to that French lad.

Jurgen likes this.
  11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Is this simply because no one has come to win for ages?

12. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    A British wilder? Terrible comparison.

Wilder just had a trilogy for the ages with a legit ATG and will go down as the hardest puncher ever.

Connor BENNE is domestic level at best ffs

Murderers' Row and Jurgen like this.
  13. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah i didn't mean in terms of ability i meant just as annoying and cringeworthy in his annoyingness

DramaShow likes this.
  14. Thefatprinceofwincobank

Thefatprinceofwincobank Rhino stoppers Full Member

Aug 11, 2021
    Come on now. I’m pretty sure some people say stupid stuff just for the attention sometimes! He is clearly way, way past British level.

He’s been matched favourably no doubt about it but there’s not one of the elite level lads who would enjoy taking him on. He carries impressive power in both hands which instantly gives him varying degrees of success no matter who he’s in with.

It’s going to be Khan or Brook next up then a trip to the states to get his name out there probably against someone like mikey garcia who’s coming towards the end of his career but still well known enough over there for it to be a credible opponent for Benn.

15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Wilder is a fooking warrior with no quit in him.

He was 1-2 seconds away from beating Fury in two of the three fights.

Benn is more Dave Allen

Terminator and Murderers' Row like this.