What do you do after throwing a straight punch?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by frankenfrank, Oct 18, 2014.

1. frankenfrank

frankenfrank Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    It takes too long to get it back to defense, and it also means you got closer to your opponent, I believe, so you got closer, shot your load, are not in a position to punch with either hand and at best only have your other hand protecting you only from hooks to the head and even this is only true if your opponent is from your stance.

2. Meazy-E

Meazy-E Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2012
    If you throw it in a combo from close enough range you should have plenty of time to bring it back/ shoot another punch. If you're throwing it from too far and leaning in, I reccomend you stop before getting countered, or as soon as you connect slip to the left or right and move your whole body to that side of the opponent. Mayweather is actually a good example of this cause he'll lean in with lead rights fairly often.

3. LongJab

LongJab Active Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2011
  4. closedguard

closedguard Active Member Full Member

May 17, 2014
    Rollin rolling wow my ass swollen rawhide:fire

5. kraLL

kraLL Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    as soon as u throw a LONG cross (presuming u are orthodox), then move your right foot to the side, not directly to the side like at a an angle, hard to explain. move your right foot and duck and roll under, you u will be in position to throw another punch if needed while avoiding his possible counter. make sure keep your eyes open and head up so u can see what's his next move gonna be.