What Do You Eat The Night Before...

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by sjfou, Jun 24, 2007.

1. sjfou

sjfou New Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2007
    a fight, the morning of & straight after weigh in when you have about 2-3hrs between weighing & fighting? Im thinking 250g pasta last meal the night before & another 250g the morning of, then a shake straight after weigh-in (200g berries, 100g oats & 30g protein). Last time i followed this:

Immediately post weigh-in 1 large Mars bar 250ml bottle isotonic drink (Sip 1.5-2litres of water during the 2 hour period but do not bloat)
    30mins later 6 oatcake biscuits 1 scoop whey + 2 tsp sugar in water
    30 mins later Chocolate flapjack 50ml bottle isotonic drink
    30mins later 6 oatcakes Kendal mint cake or Mars bar

Which stole from this making weight article:
    http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/article-making-fight-weight.aspx

2. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Well im amateur and almost all my weigh ins are on the day off a fight. The last time I fought I was struggling to make weight so at night I ate a small salad just to get something in me and that morining I ate 2 pieces of dry toast before heading to the Sauna.

3. sjfou

Apr 2, 2007
    i had no chin last time i cut like that (hit the sauna & ate jack the day/night before & the morning of...) Grrr....

4. CHATABOX

CHATABOX Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Yea, if you were heavyweight and the weight didn,t matter, Carb loading the night before is spoton. And again in the morning. No need for protein, your main concern is havin enough energy supply to see you through.

5. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Usually nothing from a light lunch the day before till the weigh in. Otherwise I wouldn't make weight.

6. jimmie

jimmie Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Well I did get rocked in the fight :-(

7. sjfou

Apr 2, 2007
    i did a google search on "pre fight meal" & found some excellent stuff, especially on boxers profiles