What do you see for Wilders career from here on...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sir axeman, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Joeywill

Joeywill Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2021
    What I was thinking. Some tune ups and then a Ruiz fight.

northpaw likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Put him in with Fat Andy Ruiz. Let him smash him to bits inside 4 rounds.

Then try as hard as you can to get a big money fight vs Femi.

Otherwise face Kownacki, Hellenius types and work to get that big money Femi fight

northpaw likes this.
  3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Wilder's only fought top 10 guys for five years in a row ... and many people on this board had nothing nice to say about any of them or Wilder.

And when Wilder signs to fight another top 10 guy, no one will have anything nice to say about that opponent or Wilder.

It'll be the wrong top 10. Or they won't agree with the top 10. Or this is "their" top 10, and that guy isn't on it. Or that guy is in "their" top 10, but they wanted Wilder to fight someone else, so he sucks.

That's been the drill for a half decade, I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

He'll sign to fight a top 10 guy. Knock him out. People here will complain. Rinse. Repeat.

4. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    He should wait for someone to get stripped. Probably one of the alphabets will be eyeballing Usyk as we speak? Ustinov would be a good fight for Wilder and I don't see why it shouldn't be for the main WBA belt.

Failing that, he should fight Trevor Bryan. That would be easy money and he'd come out of that positioned for the WBA shot at Ustinov.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Both now enter the fight with a trying to be "redeemed" angle

Yea, I forgot all about Kownacki.

6. latineg

latineg user of dude wipes Full Member

Jun 4, 2009

champ should not be fighting top 10 guys anyways, they should be fighting the best guy available.

Thats why they call them "champs".

that didnt happen until Fury and Fury was looking out of shape and not too great in his come back fights before Wilder decided to give a top guy a chance.

Lets hope Wilder fights one or two lower ranked top 10s to get back a few wins (as is his right as he is no longer champ) and then goes right for a top guy again before he gets too old.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    He's still a draw, he'll fight the likes of Charles Martin, Kownacki, Helenius, whatever other C-tier guys that PBC have and keep making money

As long as Fury and Usyk are champs, he won't get a belt again

But it won't be too long before they're out the game imo. If Wilder can stick it out he can be a champion again, but it will be tough because he'll be in his 40s by then

8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I think 1 more fight and maybe retirement

Ted Stickles likes this.
  9. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    He needs to leave the weights alone if he’s gonna continue to box…. But honestly after the last fight I didn’t like that far away look he had at times and think he needs to pack it in.

10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    He'll feast on another bum or two like the old days, then try and claim he's the top contender for the Usyk-Joshua II winner. Fury exposed his achilles heel as the left ear. Fighters will be gunning for it now.

gmurphy likes this.
  11. red corner

red corner Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 9, 2021
    Joseph Parker. Why not?

12. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I bet he fights Helenius next then maybe Andy Ruiz

13. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He will crush a few cans, disappear for awhile with an unannounced retirement, come back at forty-ish for a couple of fights, and either get knocked cold by a bum or just disappear again. He will never again contend.

gmurphy likes this.
  14. seansanashee

seansanashee Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    There's so many interesting fights that Wilder could have but whether they happen is another story.

15. dan4579

dan4579 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I predict that he’ll ko an easier opponent, maybe two, and then get ktfo’d on the end of an Andy Ruiz left hook. That’ll be the end of him.