What fight illicits the most emotion from you?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tockah, May 11, 2022.

1. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Marquez Vs Pacquiao 4 ... easily

Although at the time... Marquez Vs Diaz 1... remember reading something and it made it sound like Juan Diaz was the golden boy star and Marquez was just an aged fighter who wouldn't be able to hang with Diaz relentlesness at his age ...and I found it extremely insulting to Marquez considering he'd just fought Manny to a standstill and hopped up a weight to take down casamayor

KO KIDD likes this.
  2. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    Ones that really stand out for me:-

• Calzaghe vs Lacy - i'd been following Calz ever since his fight against Eubank, and knew he was better than some of his poor defences, but the hype of Lacy and the fact that hardly anyone was giving Joe any chance made this one a real doozy, career best performance from Joe and a few ales on my part, and a couple of complaints from the neighbours for noise abatement :risas3:
    • Josh Taylor vs Jose Ramirez - a lot more emotionally invested in backing TTT a fellow scot from just doon the road, this one I was seeing as another Prograis close affair, so had a lot of nerves going in, but Taylor fought really well and I was screeching blue murder at the ref on the second knockdown :risas3:
    • Most recently, Usyk vs Joshua - again, following Usyk for quite some time, simply because I love the cut of his jib, no bull****, great fighter - and given I'd made numerous predictions as to why Usyk was a nightmare style matchup for AJ, it was really satisfying to see it unfold, though I did feel a bit sorry for Joshua in round 12, nothing against the guy

3. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Ali vs Foreman

This content is protected

KO KIDD likes this.
  4. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Over the course of the fights - Wilder vs Fury all the fights

But the best ever single moment for me was Whyte vs Povetkin, seeing Whyte get KO'd.

Povetkin was my all time favourite, and seeing him win after being slapped around, and also winning a big bet at the same time...

It was so much emotion at once. And I don't usually get emotional over things, lol.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  5. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Fury vs. Wilder 1: The Resurrection of Tyson Fury.

6. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Holmes-Shavers II - I remember my dad being so excited he leaped out of his chair and went running out of room when Holmes went down. He was so excited, he didn't see Larry get up.

Rahman-Lewis I - I had the same reaction as my dad when Lennox went down, and my own son watched me run out of the room.

Barkley-Hearns I - The beating Iran took in the first two and a half rounds was pretty crazy, he was beaten to a bloody pulp. Then he turned the tables and flattened Hearns. I watched my recording of that fight over and over for weeks afterward, showing everyone I could.

Fury-Wilder III - Sitting on the back porch in the dark at my parent's house in the country watching it on my computer taking care of my dad who has Alzheimers. Pretty epic night. Me and the coyotes howling in the field.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Tockah and gollumsluvslave like this.
  7. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Chavez vs Taylor.

We had that sonofabitch Chavez! :BangHead:

(Obviously, I was a big Taylor "stan" back in the day).

8. James Hudson

James Hudson Active Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2018
    As im UK based its probably the first Benn v Eubank.....although Hamed v Kelley at Madison Square Gardens in December 1997 as a surprise trip for my dads 50th, always holds lots of emotion for me. To be in what i recognised as the mecca of boxing was truly special as a 25 year old​

9. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Bruno vs McCall.

The elation as Frank got the decision will never be topped.

James Hudson likes this.
  10. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Tarver/Jones II: That's probably the only fight where I got dizzy and the room was spinning. My chest hurt so bad when Roy went down, I was literally in the middle of explaining to my friends why Roy was gonna stop Tarver in this fight and then.........................:confused:

drenlou likes this.
  11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Yeah that was a tough pill to swallow.

northpaw likes this.
  12. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    My goodness it was............when he got up and looked at Jay Nady, then kept stumbling into the ropes........sheesh

drenlou likes this.
  13. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Benn Vs McClellan for me as I was genuinely in fear of Benn's safety in that one and when he got put through the ropes I thought '****, these Yanks are never gonna let us hear the end of it' and then Benn pulls off an an utterly stupendous come back.

At the time, I felt little sympathy for McClellan owing to the dog fighting stories and the like however, over time I've come to realise that McClellan was likely the product of an extremely harsh and emotionless upbringing that made him such a ruthless and destructive MOFO in the ring.

I had quite the emotional investment in the Eubank Jnr. Vs Nick Blackwell fight as well as the spin around the fight was very pro Blackwell with huge backing from the Fury's, BJ Saunders and the traveller community in general which made for a hot bed atmosphere and owing to my somewhat colourful history with regard to past run ins with members of said community, I really wanted to see EJ put on an ass whooping and boy did he! I subsequently felt like a complete **** owing to the tragic aftermath and I make a conscious effort to not be so bloodthirsty in my wishing for such brutal and one-sided fight outcomes.

14. Whytesnake

Whytesnake Armchair GOAT Full Member

Apr 3, 2021
    Roberto Durans last great performance against Barkley. I couldn’t believe how good this fight was

15. UndergroundBoxing

UndergroundBoxing Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2022
    Froch Vs Groves 1 was an emotional rollercoaster as a George Groves fan. That right hand that dropped Froch in the 1st round will always be one of my favourite moments in boxing.

I loved Bradley Vs Provodnikov & Whyte Vs Chisora 1 too. More recently Wood Vs Conlan is that fight that had my whole family on the edge of their seats!