What fights has Floyd made adjustment in

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uranage, May 1, 2015.

1. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    What are the fight in which Floyd had to make adjustments? and when I mean adjustment, I mean he figured out his opponents

If you can give examples, that would be a bonus.

2. Lady Girl

Lady Girl Kneel Before Zod! Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Hatton Judah oscar

3. J0E_90

J0E_90 Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Maidana 1. Mosely to a degree

4. victor879

victor879 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You can go through fights and find specific examples. You'll see a fighter land a punch, then suddenly that punch no longer lands and even gets countered. I've seen this adjustment happen in a manner of seconds.

Let's look at another fight vs a southpaw, and one that started off really well: Zab Judah. This is one of my favorite adjustments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBhN999JIcU

Now let's fast forward to the end of round 4. Go to position 22:30 in the video. You'll see Judah land an excellent counter right hook on Floyd. Excellent punch.

Now keep watching, and look at the very next exchange. Judah literally tries to land that hook again, but this time, Floyd makes an adjustment and counters his counter with a hard left hook to the body. And Judah did not like that shot as you can see from his reaction. Judah had issues landing that punch the rest of the evening. It got taken away.

Enjoy the example.

5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    ...virtually all of them? :huh

Maybe not Baldomir or Victor Ortiz or something where the opponent has just a straightforward plan A with nothing else. Pretty much all the rest though..

6. victor879

Dec 1, 2007
    Can't tell if OP is trolling, or a newer fan that is really looking into insight regard where the saying "Mayweather always makes adjustments" comes from.

I provided a specific example to assist, but I don't know if it's just trolling or if he wanted legitimate examples for a legitimate thread. I'm hoping it's just a new boxing fan looking for insight.

7. Steve_Fox

Steve_Fox Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2014
    ive seen many videos where someone ****izes Floyd fights,

he does a lot of things you dont notice while watching the fight, Floyd is very smart boxer

8. Kid Cincinnati

Kid Cincinnati GOOD BOY NATION Full Member

Sep 9, 2010
    The Ortiz adjustment. He figured out Ortiz was an idiot.

9. Windigo

Windigo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Hatton was a real adjustment. Judah not really his game plan was always to let Judah tire then go on the offensive. There was no adjustment what so ever for Oscar.

10. Bald_Toad

Bald_Toad Ring Title Full Member

Aug 4, 2011
    yeah the first castillo fight where he loses every single round after the 4th.

11. victor879

Dec 1, 2007
    Fixed. :good:lol:

12. hussleman

hussleman Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Dela hoya, Judah, maidana 1, Jlc.

13. Godlovkin

Godlovkin Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 5, 2015
    His main strategy is usually to wait until the cherrypicked shot old man or no stamina having bum in front of him gets tired, and then proceed to dominate him

14. KillSomething

KillSomething Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 1, 2009
    I see a lot of Floyd starting slow, then beginning to try right around the time the cherrypicked opponent starts to slow down.

Can't say it's not an adjustment, but to really be impressive at adjusting you need to have some serious adversity in front of you.

The only time I can think of that qualifies is Maidana I, though imo that's more a case of Maidana slowing down (and still winning 5-7 rounds).

What he IS good at is learning from his mistakes AFTER the fight. JLC II and Maidana II are great examples.

15. mking

mking Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 30, 2007