What happened to Wlad?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Jan 19, 2017.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    What happened to him in the Fury fight? Is he just old?

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Apprehensive counter puncher that doesn't want to engage vs. Apprehensive counter puncher that doesn't want to engage make for dull fights.

3. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Yeah, I think he's just old. When growing up watching boxers, it takes a minute for you to realize they're digressing. This happened for me most recently with Wlad who although I knew Furys movement was going to give him problems, still thought Wlad was going to easily KO him.

Happened with me with both Floyd and Roy to name a couple others. You don't realize these guys are human until it finally really sticks out with bad performances.

FuMaster, lloydturnip, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  4. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Father time and bad stylistic match up.

Malph, latineg, BCS8 and 2 others like this.
  5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I think he thought Fury would get tired and he just has to survive and can even lose rounds; he thought Fury would gas out by round 5-6 and become a sitting duck. Big mistake.

6. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Fury was at top shape, more hungry and stylistically nightmare for Wlad.

I heard Wlad had some problems at his personal life too, his wife was badly depressed or something.

Todd498 likes this.
  7. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    hes old, that should be enough.

8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    It could be a s simple as he has just aged but do any of you think/believe having a child and Hayden Panettire suffering from postpartum depression and having issues surrounding his personal life made rather public could have been far more of an issue than many thought?

Maybe with all that going on his mind was wrecked, some fighters deal with major issues and excel while others need a peaceful, calm build up to fights. Every fighter is different and it seems a little coincidental that the mother of his young child was in and out of rehab and he looked a shadow of his former self.

9. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Steroid Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
  10. Gil Gonzalez

Gil Gonzalez Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2012
    He's shot. It was clear in the Jennings fight.

He's also got problems at home with a baby and a bat**** crazy American wife.

chitownfightfan likes this.
  11. Madmink

Madmink Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Said the blind man

12. ZODIUS!!!

ZODIUS!!! The certified boss banned Full Member

Nov 27, 2016
    What happened to wlad ?

Wlad became the greatest heavyweight champion in history making Ali and louis' reigns look pathetic

Todd498 likes this.
  13. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'd say it is certainly possible.

His mental state not being great to begin with, I suspect Fury's mind games got to him more than we might think.

That's why I wanted to see the rematch. Alas, no such luck.

N17 likes this.
  14. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Vitali said that Vlad was not focused on that fight. I do know Vlad had personal problems, so that explains it. Vlad's balance was good, he was just not into the fight. I know why, but should not mention the problem out of respect. I tell you one thing, Vlad was focused on the Fury rematch and would have knocked Fury out, he looked fantastic in training, he was in shape, timing and all...................Vitali said if Vlad is focused the Joshua fight will be easy, Vitali also said that age was not a factor. Vlad easily outclassed Joshua while sparring in camp, Joshua will have to have gotten much better to have a chance. Vlad's chances of a win is much better than most fans think. I think Vlad will be up for that fight, and will be focused. Vlad has the better skills, experience, power, defense, offense whenever he wants. Lennox Lewis picks Vlad to beat Joshua because of experience and skills. Wilder said that he wants Joshua to win, but his mind picks Vlad.......................Joshua is counting on Vlad's aging, but Vlad is pumped up, he wants that fight. Vlad picked Joshua for a reason, he could have had an easy time fighting Parker, or Wilder, but he chose Joshua. Never forget, Vlad is one hell of an offensive fighter whenever he wants to be, great counter-puncher, has tons of power, both right hand, left hook, left jab, right hook and yes, he has a really good uppercut, which he rarely used.................Vlad also knows Joshua in the ring, he knows what is is going up against.............

Eel87, don owens and Todd498 like this.
  15. SimplyTheBest

SimplyTheBest Heavyweight Destroyer Full Member

Feb 3, 2010
    That may have been a reasonable plan, IF Wlad put pressure on him and threw punches like he did at the end. Instead he let Fury fight at his own pace mostly.