What happens if Wilder wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by willcross, Sep 16, 2020.


  1. Jennifer Love Hewitt

    Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

    9,037
    569
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Jul 19, 2004
    If Wilder wins, he goes back to fighting kindergarten students and cab passengers.
     
  2. Brighton bomber

    Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

    21,650
    10,588
    Sportsbook:
    547
    Apr 4, 2005
    I can't wait for the promotion to start for this fight, Wilder's excuses have been so lame he's given Fury so much ammunition for the build up, he's going to eviscerate Wilder, tear him down mentally and beat him before he even steps in the ring.
     
    Jackman65 likes this.
  3. RacingBeat

    RacingBeat Casual lives matter Full Member

    3,562
    1,158
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Sep 14, 2013
    I have to say that would be the ultimate head game in boxing history if he came out with the same outfit, please internet get that idea to the Fury camp
     
    Jackman65 and BCS8 like this.
  4. vast

    vast Boxing Junkie Full Member

    12,080
    1,311
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Nov 27, 2010
    Its not unimaginable that Wilder wins. He still has that power, the equalizer. It will be interesting to see what transpires.
     
    Glass City Cobra and TipNom like this.
  5. Guru88

    Guru88 New Member Full Member

    47
    69
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Sep 6, 2020
    This
     
  6. Ted Stickles

    Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

    5,127
    778
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Jun 24, 2007
    Fury has to Barkley him like he’s Hearns. Once you heat up the midsection Wilders noodles will go.
     
  7. willcross

    willcross Well-Known Member Full Member

    2,144
    349
    Sportsbook:
    500
    Jun 11, 2006
    This is a great post, but I chuckled at the idea that Fury was 80% for the rematch. It’s been two years since his comeback...how long does it take exactly to get to 100%?
     
    Glass City Cobra and TipNom like this.
  8. Jennifer Love Hewitt

    Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

    9,037
    569
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Jul 19, 2004
    If Fury comes into the 3rd fight wearing the same suit Wilder wore, he gets an automatic excuse if a miracle happens and he loses. Which would mean the suit would have EVT wins over Wilder and Fury, making the suit the greatest of this era.
     
    willcross and sasto like this.
  9. DoubleJab666

    DoubleJab666 Boxing Junkie Full Member

    8,962
    10,477
    Sportsbook:
    61,309
    Nov 9, 2015
    The polar ice cap will have relocated to Hell...
     
  10. miniq

    miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

    28,535
    3,629
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Oct 23, 2011
    Nobody ever fights at 100%

    Fighting at the highest level starts becoming more mental than physical anyway.

    Ortiz Maidana a good example.
     
    Dance84 likes this.
  11. Dance84

    Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

    6,827
    4,165
    Sportsbook:
    864
    Oct 11, 2017
    Very true
     
  12. Dance84

    Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

    6,827
    4,165
    Sportsbook:
    864
    Oct 11, 2017
    Wilder whyte or wilder ortiz trilogy
     
  13. Glass City Cobra

    Glass City Cobra Boxing Addict Full Member

    3,204
    4,661
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Jan 6, 2017
    Exactly. It's not like wilder didn't have fury sprawled out on the canvas half dead twice despite the "schooling". To write him off would be stupid.

    A lot of fans will be on suicide watch if wilder wins.
     
    sasto and piprules like this.
  14. Jackman65

    Jackman65 No longer booted! Full Member

    913
    1,181
    Sportsbook:
    1,000
    Aug 31, 2019
    I re-read my post and chuckled. Maybe you are right, Fury was probably better than 80% in the rematch. He looked sharp and was putting power behind his shots. If that guy shows up, no version of Wilder will have a chance. A 20% better version of Fury might actually kill Wilder and I don’t want to see anyone go out this way. I enjoy throwing these numbers around like he’s a robot or something.

    Also, Fury is the ultimate wildcard and my only concern is that fat Fury will show up for the next fight. He’s no spring chicken and we know he likes to eat and gain weight. COVID lockdown has made many of us pack on a few unwanted pounds. Fat Fury can still box but I prefer the semi-fat version (suspect the slim/fit version is gone for good).
     
    willcross likes this.
  15. Ph33rknot

    Ph33rknot El gran campeón Mexicano Full Member

    7,500
    4,390
    Sportsbook:
    100
    Mar 5, 2012
    Wilder runs and never looks back