What happens to Usyk's career if he loses to Joshua?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Why?
    He had not only skills advantage, also speed and agility advantage then.

Cos speed kills and agility is big factor here.
    Well, 29-32y.o Usyk I think was better than bombs eating sanbagged and protected by Don King Ali, sorry lads, Ali then was cash cow, protected PUPP from 70 ies.
    Bit^^^^^^^ even had dragged Foreman to Zaire and Frazier to Manila to prove how cool overrated Ali is in 70 ies.

While vs Ali from 60 ies?
    I think Ali from 60 ies was better than prime Usyk :)while Ali from 70 ies was most overrated boxer world ever had.

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    WTF?!?!

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    U are WTF kid nothing more.

U think u are smart?
    Let's better talk about this in local pub not internet u will see WTF.

U really think U smart cos keyboard?

4. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    But you said that his current speed is what makes him overrated ? how ? He has many advantages, but if he is less speedy than before does not mean that he still will not be faster than AJ.

Let's just wait for one more week and we might learn something new about Usyk and AJ. But this fight will not determine who will be overrated or underrated.

5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    silly lines like this is why hes overrated. if you think hes p4p #1, which many here do, then hes way overrated. waaay overrated.

6. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    NO. not even top 5 for me.

bandeedo likes this.
  7. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't see AJ outboxing Usyk. AJ boxed well against and overweight, under motivated Ruiz. That tactic against Usyk will fail. Usyk will dip in and out, throw from odd angles and keep AJ turning all night. AJ needs to have his feet planted to get the power shots off. Usyk will try to keep AJ stepping the entire fight. And cancel Christmas if Usyk hurts AJ with a counter shot. AJ will fight cautious from that point on. Punch output will drop. Usyk wins.

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  8. Surrix

Sep 16, 2020
    A.J is not that slow as ppl does think.

Compare this: Ali from 60 ies took almost 0 damage, in 70 ies, sorry, he ate bombs and was overrated and protected boxer.
    Prime Usyk I think was worse then Ali from 60 ies, but far better than bomb eating iron chinned sandbagged Ali from 70 ies.
    Now Usyk is like these both Ali versions.
    Ofc, passport and styles are different but CORE is the same here.
    WBSS1 Usyk and after this.
    Usyk is over the hill after WBSS.

He was very good and underrated, overlooked when he was 29-32. Sadly.

9. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    A better question is if Usyk wins what does Joshua do? If he loses a decision then you'll get a rematch and the belts are tied up for the better part of another year. If he gets stopped then Joshua's future is uncertain as heck. However if Usyk loses they'll probably be no rematch , but everything really does depend on the circumstances of his loss.

10. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    lol.

pacas and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  11. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    You make little to no sense. Usyk will be overrated because he's slower? Well, considering this gem from you, yes, I am smart.
    OK, sure, lets talk about in a pub. Why? So you can get pissed off over nothing, spew some word salad, and then what, commit assault?
    Y U think U SMRT? :lol:

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. BELLERS

BELLERS Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    Let's not kid ourselves, HW is a weak division right now.
    Usyk will hang around if he isn't totally humiliated by AJ.
    Fury isn't active enough & could retire at any given moment. Wilder will retire if TF beats him.
    The division will probably fragment soon enough. Usyk will have plenty going for him if he's looked after.

13. Rakesh

Rakesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    I agree 100%. If its competitive and Joshua pulls out the UD I can see Usyk staying around heavyweight. Real question is what fight would be next?

DJN16 likes this.
  14. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Depends on how Usyk loses obviously. If it's an early KO, not that good a look. His HW resume will take an even bigger hit. Still might beat some bottom ten contenders. If he loses a close decision, I think he'll be fine. But again, depends on how he loses.

15. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Wilder...?