What If Norton Won Ali III?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by RulesMakeItInteresting, May 16, 2019.

1. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I gave Norton-Holmes to Larry, 10 rounds to 5. I didn't see it as a shutout, because Ken really did land some excellent punches and kept making the fight. It's a great fight imo, but Larry established superiority early (Norton took way too long to warm up) and only lost rounds in the middle of the fight when Holmes had to take a breaky.

2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Ali then regains the title beating whoever beats Norton, unless it's Holmes

3. jowcol

jowcol Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Two things: Ruiz was 'pan fed' to RJJ. RJJ was never a HW. Does a win over Ruiz warrant
    ATG-ness? Not! Was RJJ really (ever) a HW? NOT!
    Back to thread: Had Norton gotten the UD over Ali in Yankee Stadium IMO his career would have played out as it did. I honestly don't know what Ali would have done (should have retired IMHO).
    Same results for Ken subsequent to Ali 3. Why? Ali didn't hurt him in any way and he continued his career.

4. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Norton should have won on the cards. It was one of the worst robberies in a heavyweight title fight. If Norton was the official winner, he's 2-1 vs. Ali and would likely have a title defense or two before losing to Holmes.