What is next for Billy Joe Saunders?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by P4P-Ruler, Oct 14, 2013.

1. shenmue

shenmue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Maybe he would have a chance vs Barker, would make Barker favorite though.

2. Makingweight

Makingweight Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Thought it was a fair decision against Ryder (wanted Ryder to win) very tight no real complaints.But looking back Ryder still had a fair bit in the tank his first 12 rounder BJS was slowing down visibly.

He has dedication issues he said himself was blowing up to 14st between fights needs to decide if he wants to make the sacrifices enough very good fighter but this aspect will be his downfall as much as a lack of pop.

3. ryandud

ryandud Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2012
    think the main question is his hands.how far will they let him go.probably the most naturally talented fighter we have had since calzage yet has the same terrible hand injures.the picture of his hand on his twitter page which he injured against ryder in the third was a shocker!I would suggest this obviously affects his power.

That said hand issues did not stop joe and to be fair to bjs given his troubles he has been active.His hand speed is frightening and will give anyone problems so Id deffo agree he will be world champ with the next two years.

4. P4P-Ruler

P4P-Ruler Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Quillin would come over here. He is a game titlist.

5. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Euro level at best-if he's lucky.

6. Larsso

Larsso Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2013

problem aint is hands, its his tank.

7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    He's had a lot of issues with his hands already in his career.

8. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I reckon he could beat Daniel Geale, I would like to see that.

9. True_Hero

True_Hero Guest

I'd like to see him face Mundine or Vera next.

Both good opposition, both would be a good test for Saunders but both easily beatable. I think Mundine would be the better option, Vera may be a touch too good for Saunders at the moment.

10. shadz96

shadz96 Active Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    dont let the chavez fight fool you vera sucks he has legit losses to bursack and mcewan only reason vera looked good agianst chavez he was a fat *******. saunders or ryder will outbox vera, he struggled agianst a jouneyman in fnf

11. TERRYTIBBS

TERRYTIBBS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 11, 2013
    i doubt he could right now

12. True_Hero

True_Hero Guest

Never heard of him but he's unbeaten and seems like a decent young boxer. Seems like Billy Joe is wanting to prove himself the cream of the crop when it comes to British Middleweight prospects. Maybe we'll get to see him vs Eubank Jr at some point.

I'd prefer him to stop up to someone either Euro level/fringe world level though.

13. BlackBrenny

BlackBrenny Guest

best known for the Sai travesty where he smacked Sai in the balls about 10,000 times on route to a controversial decision win, a lot of his ownfans booed him after tha tone

14. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    I think he has a lot of potential. He is only 22 he will get a lot stronger and already looks very good.