***What is next for JOSHUA and USYK?***

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IsaL, Sep 26, 2021.

1. IsaL

IsaL Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Will Joshua still continue to be a big draw?

Will Joshua now be a considered a high risk low reward opponent?

And

Will Usyk gun for Fury, Wilder, Ruiz, or will he milk this win. Time is not on his side.

2. infini IV

infini IV Dillian Whyte. KTFO like I said he would Full Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Personally think Joshua will go on to lose more big fights. His confidence was taken by Ruiz and will be at rock bottom now after the Usyk loss. Perhaps he could step back and take a few more confidence building fights and regain it but I think any aura about him has totally gone.

IsaL likes this.
  3. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    i would assume he takes the Wilder route, grabs a new trainer then all of a sudden people forget that he lost and will say "wow the new and improved aj" and the money train continues until the next time he gets beat. Don't get it twisted Aj is basically Eddie Hearns's manufactured character and it's all about the money for hearn.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hopefully Joshua forgetsthe Usyk rematch, it's pointless, and instead decides to rebuild with a few confidence building fights. Maybe take on a Michael Hunter.... certainly he won't lose by KO against him will he?:uptosomething::naughty2:

Then Usyk can move on and target and then beat whoever the winner of Fury/Wilder is, and then rightfully retire undefeated and the God amongst mere mortals that he is.

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Whyte/Wallin winner, maybe Chisora.

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    So you think he beats Fury?

I hope those fights get made sooner than later.

7. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    its interesting to see if Wallin beats WHyte....he could be the darkhorse of the division.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  8. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Absolutely, and I've also said that for years.

Same... and since Usyk is no diva and is more than malleable when it comes to doing what it takes to get a fight made, it's a distinct possibility.

Dangerwood84 and IsaL like this.
  9. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    What's next for Joshua and Usyk is each other. Not the answer I or many others want but it is the most likely outcome. My guess is Joshua looks to be more physical in the rematch and look to get Usyk out early (instead I think it will see Joshua gassed by the second half and ko'd). After that hopefully unification between Usyk and Fury, and Joshua rebuilding his career in the background (still young and a big name, could see him being champ again especially with Usyk, Fury, and Wilder not being around 5 years from now)

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I was very impressed with Usyk yesterday. He showed a lot of things in the ring that confirm he is a great fighter.

With that said, I never rated AJ as the best HW. I always thought he was the weakest of the Big 3, and after his loss to Ruiz I rated him #4.

I can't wait to see Usyk fight the other top guys, I think he's great but I'm not sold he's the best just yet.

ConfusedGuy and CST80 like this.
  11. Antigoon

Antigoon Member Full Member

Oct 2, 2011
    For some reason I think Usyk vs Fury would be a truly ugly fight to watch.

cmctcook and catchwtboxing like this.
  12. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Joshua is only a year younger than Fury - not sure where this perception that he's a "young fighter" has come from. The top 4/5 are all within a couple of years of each other in age really.

13. Sammy123

Sammy123 Money Maker Staff Member

Apr 15, 2015
    If this fight occurred in the last era of great heavyweights there would be no rematch clause and Usyk would go on to fight other top ranked contenders while Joshua had to rebuild himself back into position for a title fight.

Eddie Hearn has gone too far with rematch clauses and I'm surprised no sanctioning body has stepped in. Probably because the sanctioning bodies are as corrupt as they've ever been in all their history. If he has his way Hearn will make sure Joshua is a persistent champion simply by rematching everyone he loses to until he wins.

KiwiMan and CST80 like this.
  14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You make sole interesting points.

Rematch clauses should be reserved for special fights, like unifications, not for mandatories.

15. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Hadn't looked and legit thought Joshua was slightly younger than 31. Anyway in my mind Wilder likely is done after Fury beats him again, Usyk will be 35 soon and his style relies more on speed and reflexes than most heavyweights so his window is a little shorter. Fury is the best heavyweight in the world but I just don't think he has the mindset to be a long reigning champ (he could very well beat Wilder, Usyk and then just retire). After that its pretty open but that's a lot of what ifs