***What is next for JOSHUA and USYK?***

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IsaL, Sep 26, 2021.

1. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    A rematch, that's what.

Personally I'd rather see the Usyk fight the winner of Wilder/Fury 3 (logic says that is Fury, but I am not that confident in an unmotivated Fury winning or even turning up to fight) and Joshua the loser. Those would be two excellent fights.

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    He'll lose some of the casual fans who were only ever glory hunters, but in general he'll keep remaining a big draw and probably still filling up stadiums. Bruno lost time and time again in big fights but he was still a draw, Froch lost to Ward and his biggest paydays were after that loss. UK sports fans are used to Brits losing because we suck at so many sports lol, we don't just abandon them when they lose, we Brits love a plucky loser as long as Joshua keeps giving it his all he'll remain a big draw.

He'll be seen as less of a risk but still too big a risk for Wilder and the rest of the PBC stable. As for low reward, he's still at probably the 3rd best heavyweight on the planet and he'll still likely be the biggest payday most heavies will ever see.

No chance Usyk milks it, he'll take the AJ rematch and then go for Fury and it wouldn't shock me if he retired.

3. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I think he's done. If Fury beats Wilder again, I think he will be the face of boxing for the UK, and the HW division.

I hope we get to see Usyk vs Fury soon. Despite Usyk's performance this Saturday I saw hints of age taking a toll.

4. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I still want to see aj vs fury and wilder, not saying he beats them but they would be entertaining at least

5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Premature post because they have an immediate rematch after the rematch we shall know what is in the future for both fighters who I suspect will both face Fury and Wilder.

6. ConfusedGuy

ConfusedGuy Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2020
    Yeah I feel pretty similar to this. Think Fury will be a big task for Usyk, and though I probably would be rooting for Fury...I wouldn't really mind if Usyk did come out with the W. He's an amazing talent and a real likeable guy too.

IsaL likes this.
  7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I can't see Joshua beating Usyk, so even if they have a rematch.. what's next?

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I would likely be rooting for Fury as well, but like you if Usyk could pull it off and beat Fury it would be amazing to witness, as he would cement himself as "the" HW champion, and the best HW of this era.

ConfusedGuy likes this.
  9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    "Wow, look at the new and improved AJ! So mighty and muscly! He's the best thing since sliced bread! He knocks out prime Lennox Lewis!"

This will be the furore of the casuals and the fanboys if Joshua knocks out Wilder.

Turns out there really is one born every minute. :sisi1

10. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Wilder at the start of his professional career could've travelled back in time to bring Ray Arcel, Eddie Futch and Cus D'Amato forward to 2012 to train him, and he would be absolutely convinced that any improvements he made would be down to him and him alone. :lol:

11. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Stranger things have happened but they need to have the rematch then pursue the options available to them. I can definitely see different things he needs to do in order to win.