What is the best cardio training for boxing?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Thirdtonunn24, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Thirdtonunn24

Thirdtonunn24 Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2022
    In my opinion, Jump ropes are better for cardio because of the forced tempo. With running, I kind of slow down subconsciously and that messes me up. What’s yours?

2. AwardedSteak863

AwardedSteak863 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    At my age and with my knees it's simple mitt work with 3 minute rounds 30 seconds of rest with burners for a solid minute. Roadwork is great for building endurance but you will burn more calories with something more high intensity. Jumping rope is good too if you are young enough just make sure you have good shoes and not on a floor but in the ring.

I noticed you are 17. Make sure whatever you do you take care of your knees. When I was your age I did roadwork in converse all stars and jumped rope on a gym floor with no give which wrecked my knees. I always had trainers that knew boxing but sucked and the physical side of training.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    CutThroatFade, sasto and captain hook like this.
  3. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
  4. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    As @viru§™ writes - boxing itself. But of course, adding something to is always beneficial, so jumping the rope, swimming, running...

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. Vanessa Jacob

Vanessa Jacob New Member banned Full Member

Jan 8, 2023
    Running (roadwork) with high-intensity interval training is a common form of cardio training that boxers use in their boxing training routine. Roadwork isn't just your normal jogging at a steady pace for 5 miles. It's common for a boxer to sprint as hard as they can for a short amount of time (intervals) or distance.

6. stevic1

stevic1 Marvelous Full Member

Oct 18, 2021
    roadwork,do it both in quick bursts and long medium pace
    jump rope
    fast hard punching (could be done both on heavy bag and while shadowboxing,but it's better on the heavy bag for me personally)