What is the general consensus on Jack Dempsey in 1926-27?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by dpw417, Oct 20, 2014.

1. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    :lol:

2. burt bienstock

burt bienstock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback FM, but it is hard for me to swallow being called a liar about my age and now my photo which he insists is not me...Truly
    he is emotionally ill...:good

3. BlackCloud

BlackCloud I detest the daily heavyweight threads Full Member

Nov 22, 2012
    You got another vote of confidence from me as well Burt.

In regards to that photo, i thought that was your Grandson!, hehe.

4. burt bienstock

Jan 22, 2010
    B, what more can I do then say I will submit my birth certificate, my Navy Discharge, my drivers license, to any impartial person if this vile accuser will bet me I am who I am, proceeds to go to a charity of my choice ?
    P.S. if necessary I will submit results of my latest Papp test...Thank you friend.:good

5. klompton2

klompton2 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Feb 10, 2013
    I guess google images lied about your photo. Or there are two identical photos out there with the same file size digital signature created at the same time with identical subject matter from two different sources and your doppelganger just happened to post the other photo first. Just like the ring record book lied about when Robinson fought Dykes (and where) and god lied about when Olive Thomas died and so on and so forth. The difference between you and John Garfield is that when he told a story he could actually add little tidbits that one could only get by actually being there. "we were all sad when Zivic beat Armstrong" "We could all tell that Robinson was carrying Armstrong" "Beau Jack was an all action fighter" these dont add any color from someone who was actually there that cant be gleaned from a million different generalized sources. To me thats strange, if others buy into thats fine. I dont care. I just dont buy it and I dont intend to pretend I do. Every old boxer or boxing fan Ive ever talked to can taste the sweat in the air from the gyms hes been to and has a million little side stories that only they know which are fascinating. Ive never seen one of these from you. Literally nothing that you cant get from the magazines which you quote day in and day out. Why is that? To me none of it adds up. Ive stated why and thats what I'll leave it at.

6. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    Well do try and leave it at that. You may be right and you may be wrong but there's no way to know. And whatever else he is or isn't, Burt is an established member of the forum, as you are, and is here to stay, as you are. So multiple accusatory posts about his conduct/identity shouldn't be necessary from here on in.

7. McGrain

Mar 21, 2007
    Hopefully nothing at all. He's said he's all going to say about it and hopefully you have too so that's that.

8. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    In full disclosure, I am not Seamus.

9. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD SEE YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE KLOMPTON. FALSE BOXING MESSIAH.:hi:

10. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    Send it to me. It will be easy enough to trace and track. If it doesnt add up it doesnt add up. If it does it does.

11. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    Ive never tried to get Burt banned nor would I whether i believe him or not. People enjoy him and thats fine.

12. burt bienstock

Jan 22, 2010
    Well to be falsely accused to lying about my age, and now my photo, and telling me
    to accept those lies and innuendo's, keeping my trap shut on ESB whose higher ups care not a whit about truth, tells me what I must do....

13. The Morlocks

Nov 21, 2009
    McGrain keeps taking off my thread about Greb vs. the many greats also. I don't know why. Even if K doesn't answer others could have fun doing so. It has been axed twice. So I submitted again. McGrain protects his pets.:hi:

14. klompton2

Feb 10, 2013
    Me and McGrain argue all the time. Im hardly his pet. He even admits he doesnt like me even though I have a grudging respect for him (grudging due to our disagreements) and think hes the most sensible writer at the other site.

15. The Morlocks

Nov 21, 2009
    THIS IS THE LAST I'LL ARGUE W/ YOU SINCE IT SEEMS TO GET NOWHERE. JUST THIS FINAL TIME I ASK, "DUDE, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION I PUT TO YOU AND HAVE IT LEFT UP". I'LL NEVER DARKEN YOU THREADS AGAIN.:hi: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW YOU THINK HARRY DOES AGAINST THE PEOPLE LISTED AND WHY. YOU WROTE A BOOK, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. I WILL NOT COMMENT ON YOUR ANSWERS AND I WILL NOT MESS W YOUR THREADS AGAIN.