What is the most important part of training?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by oranges430, Feb 17, 2020.

1. oranges430

oranges430 New Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    When it comes to becoming a better fighter, what would you say is the most important part of boxing training?

I would say:
    1) shadow boxing
    2) sparring
    3) pad work
    4) cardio/roadwork
    5) bag work

Is there anything else you would add? Or don't think is that important

2. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Legs/core especially as you get older

3. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Hard ab routine then 48 hours rest so hit it every 3rd day mon, thurs, sun, tues, fri and repeat.
    Before a camp I do a Boxing Day, leg day, ab day then repeat for at least a month prob 2.
    Camp starts my body is ready to condition
    4 weeks conditioning
    4 round fight
    warm up in the ring Footwork and shadow 16oz gloves 4 rounds of all out as many punches fast and hard on the bag, increase up to as many rounds as possible but not overtraining. Finish speed bag and jump rope double end
    That’s Boxing Day
    leg day
    I use a truform curve treadmill. 4 round fight. Walk fast like ten minutes. 3 mins all out sprint. Walk 1 min 3 mins all out sprint.
    I do the same thing on an ardyne bike with clip in pedals
    I do the same thing in the pool with fins. I don’t use my arms to swim just kick.
    I do footwork and dance in the sand and I do bosu legs
    Trick is never to over do it.
    On leg day I just shadowbox
    Ab day
    I do a gnarly hour long ab routine where I don’t rest. I got like 10-15 diff things I do along with sides and back. I just go thru all the workouts till I’m done.
    Ab day I’ll do mitts or shadowbox in the water
    Repeat
    I spar the last two weeksabs up until a week out then week of I just shadowbox hit mitts
    I don’t cut any weight
    I use intermittent fasting, I train fasted and I usually train in the 18-21 hours of my fast then eat. I eat a bone broth soup with a shitload of veggies and some sort of protein and a huge salad. I follow keto. Similar to what herchel walker did since he was in high school. When you are fasted 18-21 hours your body is at peak growth hormone levels. Your body heals so much better, quicker. This diet and the intermittent fasting allows you to get as low as possible in weight and keep optimum strength and stamina. I’m 39, since I started doing this I wore down every guy I sparred. I also asked every guy I sparred and they said they ate that day. After I eat I rest. Sounds crazy but you try it and it takes 2-2 and a half months to get used to it. When your body is used to it, you’ll never go back to eating before you train and when you body is using fat for fuel instead of carbs you don’t even feel like the same species. You’ll never go back.
    39 best shape of my life

Yuri Costa likes this.
  4. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    I do not jog. The worst exercise anybody can do. Raises cortisol which lowers testosterone. Also when you train fasted and are burning fat for fuel you don’t get tired. Your arms won’t burn when going all out on bags like they did when you eat carbs and sugars and eat befor you workout.

5. greynotsoold

greynotsoold Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If your goal is to be a fighter, then every day should be boxing day. Pad work is the most overrated aspect of boxing training. Potentially, it can be a very valuable tool. In reality most guys develop most of their bad habits doing pad work.

captain hook likes this.
  6. Songshadow

Songshadow Dogged & Relentless Full Member

Jun 24, 2019