What is the worst PPV you have actually paid for?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Jun 4, 2017.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    With the upcoming announcement that Eubank Jr vs Abraham will be a PPV fight and the disgrace of a PPV between Canelo and Chavez the other night in the States, it got me thinking about some of the shows I unfortunately paid for over the years. I am addicted to watching boxing and have to admit that I buy nearly every PPV on offer.

What is the worst PPV you have actually paid for?

Mine would have to be Evander Holyfield vs Sultan Ibragimov. If you are ever in need of a sleeping aid after a night shift then I suggest looking this fight up. Someone on the general forum said that paid for Holyfield vs Sherman Williams...glad I missed that.

Add your suggestions

2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Bellew v cleverly 2.
    Brook v Gavin

3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Lol really....?

That card was stacked. You had Mitchell v Linares in a cracking fight for the world title, Selby in a world title fight, AJ v Kevin Johnson, Blackwell v Ryder for the British title, another British title fight in Cardle and Craig Evans + Hibbert and Dave Ryan knocking lumps out of each other.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  4. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    No way was Brook vs Gavin the worst, besides the main event that was one of the best cards in years. 3 world title fights, Joshua + two British title fights. What more could you want...

Kell Brook v Frankie Gavin
    IBF welterweight title

Anthony Joshua v Kevin Johnson
    10 rounds heavyweight

Jorge Linares v Kevin Mitchell
    WBC lightweight title

Evgeny Gradovich v Lee Selby
    IBF featherweight title

John Ryder v Nick Blackwell
    Vacant British middleweight title

Scott Cardle v Craig Evans
    Vacant British lightweight title

John Wayne Hibbert v Dave Ryan
    Commonwealth light-welterweight title

Have to agree on Bellew vs Cleverly, that was awful.

Furey likes this.
  5. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    We have had this debate many times before and the conclusion was nobody buys PPV's for the undercard and Brook vs Gavin is pathetic!!!!

Jr vs Abe is much better

6. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Undercards absolutely have an impact on PPV buys, I'm not really sure how you can argue against this.

Abe vs Jr is an atrocious PPV in every sense of the word, and I can guarantee that won't have 10% of the undercard that Brook vs Gavin did.

Bore off troll.

7. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    How can you guarantee it?
    Jr vs Quinlan was at least 50% of that IMO

Hammer vs Price was more interesting than anything on the Brook vs Gavin undercard.

I didn't lie, this debate has been had before! The thing is Sky's platform is much more easily accessible so there numbers will always be higher given similar cards.

8. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Hammer vs Price was a good scrap, I'm always interested in a Price fight because you know more often than not it will end in a KO. The whole undercard of Brook vs Gavin was excellent, it was probably the best undercard of any PPV in recent years.

9. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
  10. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Eubank Jr is setting new all-time lows when it comes to PPV.

11. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    We get it u love jr for sum reason starting hink u r related Jesus mate he gets whipped off.
    1 Jacobs
    2 ggg
    3 canelo
    4 lemuiex
    5 Ramirez
    6 groves
    Prob smith degale beat him easy aswel he lost bjs fuk sake Christ Andy lee prob kos him ur boy is average and is a **** to boot Everyobe watches him see him lose

And Ppv worst got be toss up bellew clev or haye audley. Jesus. And the undercard has a massive factor in it Unless it is elite fight i.e. 2 pound for pound or massive unifaction

12. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    X2

How can anything top this debacle

I know few people that still won't go near sky from this ppv.

13. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    May-Pac has to be up there. You HAD to buy it because of the significance but action wise it was poor. You had Loma put on a masterclass in the undercard but it was a mismatch, like the main event. Add the fact that you had to stay up late and it ranks up there as the worst.

14. PaulLynch83

PaulLynch83 New Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017

15. PaulLynch83

PaulLynch83 New Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    No way this is ppv Abraham is washed up, Eubank needs to chase the BJS that the money maker then step up An go after Callum Smith George Groves and James Degale , if he can overcome the Latter of the fighters he will make a big name for himself in the boxing world !