What is your favorite Lennox Lewis knockout?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Jun 17, 2020.

1. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Andrew Golota. The look in Golota's eyes, he looked like he'd just seen God.

ETM and InMemoryofJakeLamotta like this.
  2. VVMM

VVMM Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2012
    The Grant ko was brutal considering how overrated was this glass-chinned fighter.

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  3. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker Full Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I was going to say that. It’s almost cartoonish.

4. WAR01

WAR01 In the 7.2% Full Member

Aug 19, 2019
    The one where he knocked someone down with a bolo punch, ugh I can’t remember the fight.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Agreed. Lewis was smiling the moment before Rhaman put him down for the count, then argued with Larry Merchant.

6. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Rahman II. Never gets old

7. fistfighter

fistfighter 44-3-1 (42KO's) Full Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Lewis KO of Ruddock.

Due to it being earlier in his career, I remembered how stunning it was when it happened. His later KO's were more expected.

8. Pete grigg

Pete grigg New Member Full Member

Jul 1, 2020
  9. Eddie Ezzard

Eddie Ezzard Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 19, 2016
    No love for the Briggs kayo? At one point he has his hands by his sides and swats Shannon with a left hook. It looks like an arm punch but you can't dispute the effect. Some pretty combinations in this fight which redeemed Briggs in many eyes after the loss to Wilson. He irrefutably proved his courage against Vitali. But he got Lewis' attention and that was his undoing. For a few years, if Lennox was focussed and on song he could do whatever he wanted in there. Some of Briggs' big shots turned Lennox's focus on and gave us a great fight.

I also like the left hook knockdown v Morrison and the big left that undid Big Frank. For someone whose right hand gets so much praise, Lewis had a good, if not compact, left hook in his arsenal.

10. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson “U should have been banned for life”-some fangirl banned Full Member

Mar 25, 2020
    absolutely epic but the Rahman KO was perfection