What next for Fury in the build-up to Wilder III?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DavidC77, Jul 27, 2021.

1. DavidC77

DavidC77 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Fury and his strength and conditioning coach are both back in the UK.

Fury gave himself an eight week training camp ahead of the original fight of 24th July.

The fight is just over 10 weeks away.

How much of a break is Fury likely to take before he goes back to America and resumes his training camp?

Is he likely to be back in America in two weeks and give himself another eight weeks in camp?

Or won't he give himself that much time due to the work he's already put in?

2. MrPook

MrPook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I had not been following super close. But zo was under the impression that Fury was not ready/in shape for the upcoming Wilder III fight. He will be in 10 weeks though. I think that’s the game plan.

3. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    But if he wasn't ready then the fact he's returned to the UK suggests that he's stopped his training camp and isn't making the most of the extra time.

4. MrPook

MrPook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    He looked massive solid during the second fight. He didn’t look like that now or before the second fight. I will put it like that.

5. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket Answer the phone mofo!-Suge Knight Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    If he is still with Kronk then hopefully he is working on his defense and practicing falling on his back so when Wilder drops that right hand bomb on his chin he won't get total brain damage from hitting the canvass.

6. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    Serious answers would be great, thanks...

7. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Ten pints of Guinness would be my guess.

8. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    god i just want this **** to be over with so we can all move on.

sasto, jmb1356 and Rilz like this.
  9. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    One of the most pointless rematches ever made.

MyDentedHead and Rilz like this.
  10. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I assume another presser with headphone man will be on?

11. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    It doesn't really matter. Fury will **** about and do what he wants and we'll all be worried he'll be KO'd and he'll probably show up hungover and put on an Ali-esque performance all the same

Rilz, UmarIFLUmar and Brighton bomber like this.
  12. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Pretty much this, no point in predicting what he does, he marches to the beat of his own drum and it doesn't matter what kind of condition he's in, he can't be half as bad as he was in the first fight so even if he's not 100% or even 80% he beats Wilder.

nilrem likes this.
  13. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    I called it that Fury would pull out of the fight on the 24th with an excuse, a month before it. And now I am calling that Fury will retire right before the fight in October. He has no where else to go. He has already used up the Covid excuse. The mental health and depression angle has been used too so what else is there? He doesn't want to fight, he wants to celebrate the last victory until he gets a cash out fight with AJ. Problem is, if he doesn't fight Wilder, he's screwed. No belts. No money. No other fights. He never wanted this fight and he is not confident that he can beat Wilder again the same way he did. So he is running his mouth, instead of running his legs in training. And speaking of training, Jared Anderson and Efe Ajagba were apparently murdering Fury in camp. All this plus no ticket sales equals what? Fake Covid of course. Just like Teo Lopez and his situation where they bought the fight for a lot of money, but can't sell the fight because Lopez is relatively unknown. They faked Covid too. Funny how that seems to be Top Ranks go to now when things go wrong.

14. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    You sure do have a lot of stone cold facts there. You must be a camp insider to get that knowledge? Very cool, your momma must be proud!

15. MyDentedHead

MyDentedHead Active Member banned Full Member

Jun 1, 2021
    WE get this rematch but no lomachenko rematch....yea boxing is garbage.