What next for Saunders?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Aug 2, 2019.

1. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    Owed Warren at least one big fight where he could eat because Warren must spent loads on him these last years, paying him world champion money whilst fighting in leisure centres etc

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Did he fight in a leisure centre, Tony? You never ever mention this, if I was you I would shoehorn that fact in at every opportunity.

He’s a mint fighter, that’s my subjective opinion. Obviously you don’t think so because know you don’t like travellers ;)

hitandhope and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Got the feeling he will get knocked out soon. Dont ask me why.

305th likes this.
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    The sad part is that the Lemieux performance was a glimpse of what could be with BJS, I'm as guilty as anyone of gong on about it because whatever Lemieux 's flaws, he's got real power and BJS schooled him in his back yard.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Spot on.

7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Problem is though I think the only big fights Saunders can be in are as the away fighter.

I think the best ticket sales he’s done as a headliner in the UK are about 4,000.

8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Has to go with Hearn and all the fights that could unlock for him.

Don't want to see him in with a soft touch anymore.

Holler and Scissors like this.
  9. Little brian

Little brian Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    I do agree people wank over that lemieux win a bit much. And the way they say callum Smith wouldn't be able to land on him, like he's pernell Whittaker. He's been tagged by most people he's fought, including that Albanian who had him on ***** street last fight. Callum has great timing, speed, power, inside,outside, good chin.

He will honestly just try and do a galahad and leap in with a counter then clinch for dear life then claim a masterclass if he does fight callum.

Scissors and 305th like this.
  10. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    He's an utter dick but as a boxer well worth watching, the big problem is he hasn't fought many people worth watching him against recently. Needs to get in the ring against some fo the top opponents and being a dick and bully in real life

11. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    During the Boxnation days, Frank badly needed Saunders and to be fair Billy did appear to have been loyal when others ran to Sky/Hearn.

Also, if I remember correctly, I think Billy might have been patient on occasions by waiting for purses when Frank was in difficulties.

In the BT era though, as you said Saunders has been nothing but a liability. Constant pull outs, inactivity, poor ticket sales and all the personal issues etc.

It’s the right decision for both - Frank has got Dubois, Yarde, Warrington etc to focus on who are actually assets and not liabilities.

I’m also interested to see what Eddie can do with Saunders.

Holler likes this.
  12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    That's just pathetic to be honest. I don't like Tyson because he's a boring drug cheat. I don't like Saunders because, well, everyone hates him him. Every other traveller you could name isn't someone I've ever really had any problem with. Akin to saying someone who doesn't like Joshua and Haye is a racist.

13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Oh for crying out loud, Tony, I was pulling your leg. I even put a wink on the end of the message.

14. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
  15. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Didn’t see that coming but good move imo I still think BJS is a knob but good fighter so will get his big payday soon with Hearn. Fwank must be fuming but hey ho there’s no loyalty in boxing nowadays.