What next for Wlad?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Geoffers, May 1, 2017.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I can't see him improving on that showing he was in remarkable shape the reason he didn't finish the static Joshua was because he was too arm weary,6 months /a year down the line he wont be any better ,but Joshua will. He doesn't need the money and that not why he came back imo.

2. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    He doesn't need to take any more punches. Get out with your faculties, millions of pounds and Hollywood future wife.

He landed one monster right on Joshua and it didn't finish the job. Joshua will undoubtedly be back better and stronger, we can't say the same for Wlad.

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    It wasn't a monster shot in the 5th that caught Joshua though mate. AJ was done and dusted and the bell saved him. He took that whopping right hook in the 6th because his head was still in Narnia from the previous round.

I'm really surprised people are suggesting he retires. I could understand if he was outboxed but he wasn't and it was a fantastic fight.

Joshua will be better for the experience but so will Klitschko. His body isn't going to degenerate between now and the autumn.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  4. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    He wouldn't need to improve. He was winning the fight on most people's cards. It could just be a case of not getting caught when he did and winning it on points. I haven't had a chance to watch the fight again and had to watch it in a pub so I can't remember things vividly but it could be a case of just being more careful. I do believe, as great a performance as it was he could improve on his timing without the ring rust if and when he'd hurt Joshua and finish the job.

5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Even though he lost I think WK will have learned enough to turn the rematch in his favour. It was always going to be two fights anyway.

6. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Think Wlad should push for rematch but ONLY if he feels he can capitalise on the points he didn't in first fight

I.e. Follow up on having Joshua hurt & sticking on him

If not now would be a good time to hang em up while your respect seems to be at an all time high

Wlad has been great for the sport and doesn't have anything to prove, wouldlnt like to see him carry on too long

Although saying all this, he looked in great shape & boxed well Sat, is he capable of doing this one or two more times ?