What round will Fury KO Joshua?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquorice, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Mid to late rounds

I say Joshua is TKOed in the 8th

Somali Sanil likes this.
  2. IntentionalBrit

IntentionalBrit Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2021
    Name a decent fighter Fury has knocked out

UltimateDestroyer likes this.
  3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Wilder ???? I mean yes Wilder is a one trick pony don't get me wrong but he still has a win over Luis Ortiz

Eastern Iron likes this.
  4. IntentionalBrit

Jan 24, 2021
    I said a decent fighter. Who has Ortiz beat to prove he's not a waste man.

5. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Bryant Jennings and he TKOd his ass in 7 rounds, performing significantly better than Joyce and Rivas. The same Jennings that went the distance with Wladimir and gave him issues.

Eastern Iron and sasto like this.
  6. IntentionalBrit

Jan 24, 2021
    So Bryant Jennings whose best wins or a bunch of losses right?

And by your reckoning that means Joshuas KO win is better than Fury's points win over Vlad

deadACE likes this.
  7. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Its the context of both situations. Jennings made an elite level fighter struggle far more than the likes of Pulev. The same Pulev that schooled a tough gatekeeper in Chisora, the same Chsiora that gave Whyte the fight of his life twice.

And Fury's win over Wlad is better because Fury beat Wlad on his turf and took his belts, he also did not struggle with Wlad and outboxed him comfortably, wheras Aj went life and death with an older, inactive Wlad and got put on his ass and was struggling until the he landed his uppercut.

And do not call me biased because i think Aj will beat Fury

Eastern Iron and sasto like this.
  8. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    You make a good case, except....Fury is not more than 6' 7.5", & more damning to your credibility, Klitchko, at whatever age, was anything but an average puncher.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  9. IntentionalBrit

Jan 24, 2021
    And Ortiz lost 3 of the completed 6 rounds to Jennings, which is around what Vlad did over 12.

Stop clutching at straws. Ortiz doesn't have a credible win on his ledger and even if it was a good win its still years before he fought Wilder and was well into his 40s when he fought Jennings. So Wilders win over Ortiz is nothing to write home about.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Fury better make sure he doesn't get too cocky in the fight though.
    Joshua may be naturally incredible stupid and predictable (not quite as stupid as Lewis, though getting close), but Joshua's handlers aren't so dumb. And they can potentially develop some good tactics and just drill that mindless brand-drone to execute them through muscle memory.
    You're not just fighting one on one here. There's massive money in Joshua winning and therefore massive effort will go into solving the Fury puzzle. Wouldn't surprise me if there was a team of analysts just watching Fury fights/footage full time and looking for tells/holes etc. to pass on. Like what Davison was doing in the Wilder fight but with a far higher budget.

Eastern Iron likes this.
  11. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Ortiz didn't go life and death with Jennings though nor did he get dropped heavily or gas out or get punched on like Joshua did against Klitschko so in that instance it isn't comparable.

Nobody is cluching at straws. Compared to other "world level fighters" Jennings did pretty good against Klitschko. He's also beaten a sasoned heavyweight in alexander dimtrenko. But hey if you think Fury's resume is overrated and Wilder isn't a good fighter be my guest. Im not going to exactly disagree.

12. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    He was saying the same but for the other fighter not long ago..

He don't know wtf he's on about lol.

Wizbit1013 and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  13. IntentionalBrit

Jan 24, 2021
    Ortiz has done nothing to prove he's a top fighter, you are clutching at straws because you're comparing Joshua performance against Klitschko to Ortiz performance against journeyman Jennings. But it's not comparable because Ortiz has never faced Klitschko nor anyone else with a throbing pulse

deadACE and Wizbit1013 like this.
  14. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    No sir, im comparing it because U said "by my reckoning that means Joshuas KO win is better than Fury's points win over Vlad"
    and it's not. Fury's win over Klitschko is better than Joshuas win over Klitschko based on what I've already stated. And in comparison, Luis Ortiz did not go life and death with Bryant Jennings. He swapped rounds but beat him down in round 7, in comparison, Joshua didn't soundly swap rounds with Klitschko. He went life and death with Klitschko. He got put on his ass after gassing badly and was getting tagged left and right and was about to die in that ring against Klitschko. But he still TKO'd Klitschko so good for him

My main point was Jennings put on a good performance against Klitschko, went the distance and did better than other world class fighters against Klitschko so he's at least an ok fighter and Luis Ortiz beat him.

Look im tired of arguing if you disagree fine whateva

15. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    I think his post was heavily sarcastic actually.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.