What route should Froch take to the top?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Decebal, Nov 12, 2007.

1. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    I think he is completely overrated, how he could keep a straight face when saying he would beat Calzaghe and follow him to light-heavy I will never know.

He truly believes he's world class so I would like to see him try and prove this by fighting Kessler where we can witness Kessler giving him a boxing lesson.

2. TrickyTree

TrickyTree New Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    and then your alarm goes off.

3. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Yeah, between you and me...the Nathan Cleverlys of the world could be bread and butter for Froch next year, whilst he waits for Calzaghe to fight him...and his fans in Nottingham would lap it up...right?

4. TrickyTree

Nov 11, 2007
    Why doest JC grow some balls and shut him up if he is so bad, will be a nice warm up before popkins.

5. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Because if Joe fought Froch, Froch would go on to make a career fighting Cleverlys, saying he was only beaten by the best...Joe is doing Froch a favour. Why, do you want him to end up like Lacy?

6. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    You're right. Froch doesn't have the balls to face either of these fighters. Fighting Robin Reid was a clear indication he doesn't have the confidence to get in with decent fighters, in fact when I heard Froch was fighting reid, I thought it was a wind up.

7. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Yeah because Calzaghe really needs someone like Carl Froch doesn't he? :roll:

Calzaghe only needs the big fights now and the big money before retiring.

I think Froch should fight someone at european level before spouting crap like beating Calzaghe. Like I said, he would be a great comeback fight for Kessler before he regains the belts that Joe will vacate.

8. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    I feel we've all become sidetracked by the troll...Let us try and plan a realistic plan for Froch for a title fight in Spring 2008. He says he is no. 1 for the WBC...In this case, he might have to fight Braehmer for the vacant title...alterantively, there could be an eliminator...how would Froch fare against Braehmer?

Going the IBF route is a non-starter for Froch, in 2008. The other possibilities would take longer for Froch...if he waits until 2009, it might be too late.

9. TrickyTree

Nov 11, 2007
    Who else was available????

What did you think when Ashira, Manfredo fights were anounced??????? Fair question.

Ashira has lost to Frochs sparring parter and is a natural Welter.
    Manfredo has lost to a guy of Ricky Hattons size.

10. TrickyTree

Nov 11, 2007
    OK back to the point.

Inkin.
    Bute.
    Kessler.
    Braehmer.
    Lacy.
    Bika.

11. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    I was not too happy, in fact I tought the Manfredo match up was pathetic. Joe had the luxury of being an established champ though, and these type of fights will unfortunately happen from time to time.
    Froch, however, has it all to do. He claims to be the best in the world, yet only has the British belt. If he took on a Kessler, or Lacy, and won, he would instantly be elevated to world class. Perhaps a trip to the USA could help, rather than milling around Nottingham beating a guy that Calzaghe beat over 8 years ago.

12. TrickyTree

Nov 11, 2007

He has already faught in USA and i believe ODLH is keen to promote froch in USA.
    Iv heard there may be a possible appearance from Foch in Vegas the Day before Hatton v Gayweather.

13. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
  14. simonsingh

simonsingh Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Froch vs Green........interesting fight.

15. Decebal

Mar 10, 2007
    Only if you like decapitations...:D