What would another loss mean for AJ & Matchroom?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Nov 22, 2019.

1. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    If he loses , get him in with Big Pricey , Matchroom FC fans will love that.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Speaking of Dubois.

bit of a desperate title this from Warren.

This content is protected

Holler likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Chisora has lost 9 times and never won a world title, yet look at how well he’s thought of and could quite possibly have a world title shot in 2020 should belts become vacant.

If Joshua wants to carry on after a loss I’m pretty confident he could. Look how they’ve built Whyte up after Joshua smashed him. With careful matchmaking he could be back at the top in a couple of years.

4. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    He goes back to getting buses...he will be so fed up I doubt he even offers his seat up for women any more.

5. dryzer

dryzer Active Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2017
    well yeh if it was me and I had even just a few million in the bank I'd retire but some boxers love fighting.

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Should he lose and not jack it in, he'll still draw huge numbers and be the Matchroom cash cow.

7. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Joshua's ego probably wouldn't let him retire. With the auro and confidence gone you'd expect more fighters to get to him, which could be funny. I would like to see him properly KO'd cold and carried out the ring. I feel like we'd be robbed of something if he retired without that kind of humiliating footage to be passed around on the internet until the end of time.

8. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I don't think it damages him as much as it would an American fighter. As others have said a comeback narrative based around some fights he can win and look good whilst doing so would hold uk attention.

That's got to be on the cards. Sky only need one hw king, but if AJ moves on then there will be a lucrative space.

Or, from leftfield, Matchroom casts its lot with Dazn and Frank moves back to Sky? Stranger things have happened.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  9. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    You need help

Holler, Twentyman and Bridie mcmahon like this.
  10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Another loss to young blobby would confirm Eh day has absolutely poked all those PPV mugths big time - he could probably get them to pay his parking tickets as well.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Can see Frank asking for Whyte to be thrown in as part of a 2 puddings for Dubois deal.

Brixton Bomber and Smudge_ like this.
  12. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    The footage of Fatty Fudge beating him in New Pork should result in a face the same colour as Alex Ferguson's nose on a cold November day.

Smudge_ likes this.
  13. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Some of the replies on here are crazy!

Retire after TWO losses? I HATE this part of Boxing. It's as of his wins, and who has beat, stands for nothing if heaven forbid he loses for the SECOND TIME IN HIS CAREER!

Holler and Potwash like this.
  14. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I think those kind of views are motivation related and not that he has no future

Well id like to think they are