What would happen in a Crawford Khan rematch in the U.K. ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by shadow111, Apr 21, 2019.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Now I don't think there's a chance in hell of this happening. I don't even think there's a chance of a rematch in the US. But for the sake of argument lets say Bud would agree to take on Khan in the U.K. later this year?

Just for fun, lets say this actually happened. How does this play out if Khan had another shot at Bud but this time on his home turf. Do you think Khan would have a better shot if the fight were in the U.K. ? He seemed a little nervouse early on fighting under the bright lights of MSG.

I personally think Khan would have a better chance to win if he fought Bud in the U.K. And I think this fight would sell well too especially since Arum made it clear that Crawford Spence ain't gonna happen.

With all the low blow controversey I think the fans deserve to see this rematch. We as fans need to demand that Khan gets another shot but this time on his home turf. After all, after losing on a literal Low BLOW it's the least Crawford could do to make it up to Khan, to give him a rematch and fight him on his home turf.

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Seek some professional help.

Gennady, wassupjg, Reinhardt and 34 others like this.
  3. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    LOL Way to take the easy way out. Low Blow a guy "win" like that then refuse to take a rematch. If boxing had any integrity fans worldwide would be up in arms about what happened and would demand an immediate rematch.

4. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Crawford is pound for pound no 1 or 2 in the world,let it go man.

Ritz Kola, Power_tek, Pimp C and 3 others like this.
  5. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    you're presuming Khan would want a rematch,trust me on this,he doesnt.

6. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm not presuming anything. I heard it straight from the horse's mouth :

This content is protected

@1:25

7. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Canelo has far more one punch power than Terence Crawford, there.... are you happy now? But that it's kind of a one big no s*** Sherlock observation, that should have been glaringly apparent before last night's match took place.

Now, how about the whole little matter of Crawford boxing Khan's ears off far more impressively then Clenelo? Doesn't that count for something? Canelo barely won a second of the first five rounds against Khan, Bud not only dominated the entire fight, but had him figured it out and almost KO'd him in one round. Knock off your stupid ass triangle theories, they're going nowhere and are circling the bottom of a toilet, badly in need of being flushed.

8. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Khan is brain damaged and what do you expect him to say.trust me he doesn't want a rematch

9. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    He just said right there on video that he wanted a rematch.

10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    What would happen? Crawford would stop Khan.

Manfred, Pimp C, Bustajay and 2 others like this.
  11. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol that's what this is about hmmm

Bustajay and CST80 like this.
  12. Angler Andrew

Jun 28, 2016
    Yes he also said Joshua was banging his wife,get a grip.

13. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Actually, I think the chances are much better than that. If I were Crawford I would really wanted to fight Khan again. To prove that the outcome of the first fight wasn't a fluke.
    Also, Spence beat Brook in the UK, so Crawford might want to do something like that as well.

14. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    First of all, Canelo is a much more complete seasoned fighter than Crawford. Your attempt to dumb down the comparison to act like the only thing Canelo has over Crawford is power isn't going to work. Crawford has nowhere near the high level footwork as Canelo does nor does he utilize the kind of upper body movement we see from Canelo. If you study the footage from last night you will see there were several times Crawford was off balance and his feet were starting to betray him. I can't fault Crawford's ring IQ, it is very high and how he switches from orthdox to southpaw is very clever and effective, but his overall skill set, his balance, footwork, coordination etc are levels below Canelo.

Crawford wasn't more impressive vs Khan than Canelo was. Sure he won a couple more rounds on the judges cards, sure he landed more shots and I'll give him credit for the 1st round knockdown, but he also got hit with bigger shots than Canelo was hit with by Khan. Khan backed up Crawford several times, had him up against the ropes, had him off balance several times, etc. Khan landed that nice left hook on him, backed him up into the ropes with that one two in the 6th round right before the stoppage. Khan wasn't landing those kind of clean hard shots on Canelo, not even close.

Canelo fought a much more patient much more fundamentally sound fight vs Khan than Crawford did. For you to say that Canelo barely won a second of the first five rounds against Khan is ludicrous. This idea that Khan was schooling Canelo is the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard. Khan was doing well in those 5 rounds, he was out pointing Canelo no doubt about it, but the rounds were still close, it was far from dominate or a schooling. This is the same kind of shenanigans we hear about how Floyd was schooling Canelo and won every round. I mean these kinds of exaggerations have no place in a serious boxing discussion. Canelo gave Floyd some of the closest rounds in his career and we have people saying he was schooled and shutout. Posters who say crap like that DKSAB. Khan wasn't schooling Canelo, sure he won some of those early rounds, he won some of the early rounds vs Crawford too like Round 2, two judges disagreed there just like two judges disagreed with some of the rounds vs Canelo. (except for Adalaide Byrd of course the only competent judge in that bout who had Khan winning lmao, the same judge though who doesn't know how to score a fight supposedly after she had Canelo dominating GGG)

Canelo schooled GGG in their first bout to a much greater extent than Floyd schooled Canelo. You don't school someone when you flinch on 35+ feints throughout a fight and only win 1 round clearly over 12 rounds. It took GGG 5 rounds to even get into the first Canelo fight, Canelo was toying with GGG early on. While it took over 6 rounds for Floyd to win a round clearly on Canelo. Canelo fought Floyd much closer in those early rounds than GGG did Canelo the first time around and that's a fact jack. The lack of appreciation for Canelo around here is nauseating. The exaggerations about how Khan supposedly schooled him for 5 rounds and won every second of those 5 rounds is laughable. Bud was not more impressive vs Khan than Canelo was. Bud won on a blatant cowardly low blow right after Khan started tagging him and backing him up. I don't care how many more rounds he won on Khan, he got hit with more clean shots and he didn't win the fight cleanly. Those are the most important things when comparing the two fights and there's no getting around that ! Canelo won on a sensational clean highlight reel knock out. There's absolutely no comparison between the two. Bud won by Cheating with a blatant cowardly low blow. Anyone who can't see that needs to have their head examined !

15. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Too long, didn't read, don't care, won't read.

lobk, Lazar, Bonecrusher and 6 others like this.