What would you do/say/feel if Fury destroys Usyk ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by senpai, May 14, 2024.

1. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Except body shots.

chacal likes this.
  2. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Same for Fury, isn't it ? Usyk is just a middleweight, right? He is 19 months older, and Fury has 19 cm reach advantage, 16cm. height advantage, and 40-50 lbs. advantage. Oh and let's not forget Usyk "lost" to Dubois via "body" shot, right?
    Where that leave Fury if he loses ? And why would then anyone gives Fury credits, h?

3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    has spacey ever acted like hes an elite hw? i think not. i would have to see them both do their version of othello, or something like that, before i crown a king thespian.

4. Bobby Tony

Bobby Tony Active Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I can picture John Fury head butting Meryl Streep at the Oscars when Tyson and Kevin Spacey are competing for top honors.

Kiwi Casual and bandeedo like this.
  5. snafu

snafu Member Full Member

May 19, 2022
    Fury destroys him always said it ,usyk is not some mythical invincible kossack warrior. Can't wait until the big GK batters him

6. pugilista

pugilista Member banned Full Member

Feb 18, 2024
    What evidence is there for that? This is one of those half-cooked ideas that's thrown around so much that, over time, nobody questions it and just accepts it as consensus. Much like the notion that Fury is the number one heavyweight in the world. Based on what, exactly? Usyk took a knee over a decade ago when Beterbiev landed a clean body punch on him. So? Show me anyone in boxing history who wouldn't go down from a Beterbiev body shot. If anything, it was quite impressive how Usyk instantly stood up after touching the canvas with his knee. And then Dubois dropped him with an illegal bladder punch. That's it, that's the full body of evidence (pun intended). There's nothing else in Usyk's resume that remotely suggests he is more vulnerable to body shots than others. He was never in trouble against massive punchers like Briedis, Gassiev, or Joshua. Joshua alone landed some 50 clean body shots in their two fights. It didn't really do anything, did it? So where does this 'Usyk has a glass body' idea come from? I've asked many boxing fans before, but nobody has been able to answer it yet.