whats everyones favorite excersize to do?

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Pivot_blow, May 22, 2008.

1. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Pretty much but it looks like enquirer still has a hard-on for me.

2. enquirer

enquirer Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 18, 2006
    No rdj,i dont mean to say that those who lift weights dont know about boxing,a lot of boxers or ex boxers now do lift weights,so each to their own....
    But those who lift weights and have NO knowledge of boxing practically are just annoying attention whores....
    Would a boxer post on a weight lifting or body buillding forum as to how to train? I think most boxers have more respect than to do that.....

3. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Again, where have I said how to train? I just said weights can help.

Many, many athletes including UFC fighters, boxers and general martial artists use Crossfit for their conditioning and they use the evil weights :scaredas:

Anyway, we really don't need another 23 page thread of me repeating myself over and over so just stop already.

4. enquirer

Mar 18, 2006
    Some folks are so intellectually dense that even if you explain your position (as i have many times.) they still dont get it.....
    Go home and meditate or think outside the box for a while.....

5. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Ok, whatever.

6. enquirer

Mar 18, 2006
    Yes,texan,whatever......:smoke

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Huh? The thread was done their, no insults, no arguments you didn't have to reply.

Grow up.

8. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    Virus knows his trade. If you want to rip on someone there's a guy in this thread advising wine gums and mars bars post workout ;)

[url]http://www.eastsideboxing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69957[/url]

9. enquirer

Mar 18, 2006
    He might know his trade,but he dont know boxing,or its training requirements....
    I remember the boy saying calzaghe would be BETTER if he weight trained,as if he had a divine crystal ball that could tell calz would respond favourably to weight training.....
    ps virus,i didnt have to reply but i WANTED to,capiche?

10. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    I never claimed to. You seem to have a problem with me but have no reason for it, so you've started making up bull**** to keep this going.

11. enquirer

Mar 18, 2006
    Let a boxer with no knowledge of weights go on a lifting/conditioning/body building site and give advice on training and lets see if he is respected?
    Does anyone see the irony? (to make no mention of the pun.)

12. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I've never heard him advise on boxing, only that weights may help in boxing. Which can be true, for some people. I don't agree with him on the value of weights (*), but it's debatable and a lot of people who do box share his viewpoints.

*) I think the optimal balance between strength, conditioning, muscle memory, etc. is obtained by sports specific exercise. Too much weights can screw up that balance, just like too much running can. It's not criticism on weights, but more on the importance some people place on them. Doing weights 3 or 4 times a week is ridiculous IMO if you're a boxer, it conflicts with sports specific strength training (bag work).

13. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    All I've said is weights can help IF DONE CORRECTLY.

enquirer your argument is pathetic.

14. enquirer

Mar 18, 2006
    I agree rdj,good little analysis. I would also add that different styles of boxers and different types of bodies CAN benefit from weights,whilst other dont gain or may even loose critical mobility and speed...
    ps: virus,and weights can also NOT help (even if done correctly from your personal manual) thats my main beef,you generalise and dont show the potential downside of weights for boxing,which would you would know if you had put on gloves...

15. RDJ

RDJ Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 27, 2005
    I know mate. Ease up :D