What's next for Otto Wallin? Can Otto Wallin get a title shot in his career?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by xnico, Jan 7, 2021.

1. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    This content is protected

Otto Wallin has the size, skill, southpaw stance, volume, guts, killer instinct, and, to the limited level it's been tested, chin.

Let's say Wallin beats Breazeale, where does he go from there?

Undisputed1 likes this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He should keep fighting such fighters as there's no shot in store for him anytime soon

Forcing a mando is his only chance

A slim one but he is keen so who knows

sasto likes this.
  3. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    He should fight the winner of the Helenius Kownacki rematch if he beats Breazeale. Perfect matchup to determine a top ten contender.

4. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Yeah Otto should be as busy as he can. I don't see Breazeale troubling him too much, unless a different Otto shows up and the Fury fight was just the fight of his life. Who knows? Excited to see.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Intriguing matchup. One would assume Wallin wins. I'll be looking forward to seeing in what manner.

6. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I see this happening if it is Helenius. A fight for the gold belt, or diamond belt, or whatever they call it.

ShovelHook likes this.
  7. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    He'll become mandatory to the Charr Bryan winner then lol.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. RB1702

RB1702 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 7, 2020
    I’ll tune in for this. Wallin on points I reckon.

9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Needs to step on it. Not a big name that promoters can sell So needs to get close to a mandatory. Currently only in one governing bodies top 15

10. xnico

xnico New Member banned Full Member

Nov 6, 2020
    Otto Wallin is one for the future

Undisputed1 likes this.
  11. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Seems like the recipe in the heavyweight division is to get some wins , fight has been fighters, then wait for a title shot to fall into your lap. As has been suggested by ShovelHook, fight the winner of Helenius Kownacki, call out Joyce, or challenge Arslanbek Makmuhdov . Make some noise so your name will be noticed by someone other than hard core boxing fans.

ShovelHook, Inglis_1 and sasto like this.
  12. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Wallin is a very good boxer with a lot of experience and flys under the radar.
    Fury's gritty win will age very well with time, and on another night the Doctor stops the fight and Wallin has a W over Fury.
    Wallin KO's Trouble Breazeale imo.
    I would love to see Wallin vs Hunter then the winner to have a crack at Joyce or Usyk.

13. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    It's like the whole thing is a lottery, you buy a few tickets beating journeymen and hope you win the millions.

That tournament concept some random website pitched a while ago was a great idea. Have the title shots go to the ones who earned it by beating the other contenders.

14. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    He could fight the Chart vs Bryan winner in 24.

15. ShovelHook

Jul 22, 2019
    You've piqued my interest with the suggestion of following up with a Joe Joyce fight. Both are massive men with very different styles, but those are styles I feel would mesh well. Wallin is someone I could see troubling Joyce as he makes a concerted effort on bodywork that's absent from most heavyweights, after all a bodyshot did hurt Joyce significantly early in the Jennings fight and I reckon a consistent body attack could sap his gas tank.
    It seemed to take a little steam out of the usually high energy Fury and Wallin showed that he's clever enough a boxer to know that if trying to attack the head doesn't work to go for the body without any deliberation. I back Wallin to be a fighter known for his solid gameplans and ability to execute promptly, that Fury performance was one of the most intelligent and valiant losing performances I've seen at heavyweight for a while.
    I do have a bias here, I like any heavyweight who uses a consistent body offence, it's been missing from far too many heavyweights, especially at the highest level where you'd expect it most. Wallin has shown a respectable tactical acuity in knowing to target the body on men he otherwise wouldn't catch or hurt to the head.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Reinhardt and kostya by ko like this.