What's next for Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Heavy_Hitter, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    He still can make big money fighting Povetkin or a lot of other top 10 fighters.
    His management will try to cash him out now when he was exposed and was taken to school so we should expect a lot of exciting fights with past it, but still dangerous Deontay.
    Usyk, Povetkin, Whyte, Parker, Chisora should be great fights when Wilder is finally not being protected anymore.

2. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Any of these AJ Povetkin Whyte Parker would be good,, AJ being first as the fight would sell good atm.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  3. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    AJ can make a fortune facing any fighter, unless DW willing to take only travel expenses is not going to feature in AJs plans, what does Wilder bring to the table, zilch to benefit AJ, no belt and totally overwhelmed by TF.

Wilder has the rematch with TF option, earn a few million from that and retire to lead a comfortable life.

4. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    I expect him to go on a bum tour before fighting anyone legit. They need to milk this guy, build him up after the beating he took last night. I expect to hear more BS about the injuries he sustained that limited his performance. Maybe a BS story about his leg being injured in training camp or during the ring walk. They already started down that path.

That said, Wilder can still punch and is an entertaining fighter. He can still beat guys and look good. Just keep him away from Fury until he’s ready to cash out.

5. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Wilder needs to stick to fighting slow faded old men and limited journeymen.

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Probably depression, followed by inactivity. Then a comeback fight against nobody , followed by a proclamation that he's back in 2021.

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Chisora is the only fight on that list they might be able to make. Povetkin is old and shot now so would be risking his health for scant reward.

Parker is a dangerous fight and what's he got to offer Usyk? Whyte? He never wanted that fight as champ so unless they dust off the cheque book and offer out crazy money then you best believe that Whyte is going to ignore the man that froze him out for YEARS.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  8. dmille

dmille We knew, about Tszyu, before you. Full Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Am the only one who hasn't forgotten about the first fight?

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Hes already refused to fight sasha or whyte so its back on the pbc carousel also he aint going to touch uysk after the boxing lesson fury just served him

10. realshocks

realshocks Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
  11. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007

12. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Wilder AJ both have a loss,, be good to see them fight as to who's better,, then winner to face Fury.
    I think this sells in UK & USA be good money for both boxers,, Wilder won't fight Whyte now as no belts.

Elvizzz likes this.
  13. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    It’s a disrespect to call anyone who enters a ring a bum especially if you yourself never done so. Just lack of respect

14. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    You are right, although I wasn’t calling Wilder a bum and never have. What is the acceptable term for an opponent with limited or diminished skill (and no chance of winning) who is carefully selected to pad the record of a big name fighter or up and coming prospect? Is “can” or “no hoper” acceptable? I’ll make sure to use a politically correct term next time.

15. Bubba

Bubba Jamie was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    A long rest would be ideal.

Wilder is in his mid thirties.