When did Amir Khan became past his prime and PAC shot?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by dangerousity, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    I'm wondering. Did khan became past his prime when he went through 8 consecutive wins against guys like maidana, malignagi, Judah and kotelnik? Or was it when he got caught by a left hook by Garcia? Did he became past his prime when he destroyed collazo and alexander and won 5 in a row, or was it when he was KO'd by a MW?

Trying to figure out people's logic.

And when did PAC became shot? When he lost to Bradley first time or when he knocked Bradley down twice in route to a dominant win? Or was it when he lost to floyd or when he got ktfo by a roided jmm?

Staminakills likes this.
  2. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think it's a bit of both. Pac is good enough to compete with any WW, he showed that last year.

BUT...He is a shadow of the fighter he once was.

Khan still has age on his side. I think the fact he was getting wobbled by Algieri, brutally KO'd by Canelo (who was way bigger) means it's difficult to tell what he has left.

As for the fight, it's decent enough. I think Pac will find a way to win / Khan will find a way to lose.

Willie Maeket, Gneus7 and Sugar 88 like this.
  3. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Khan told us he had nothing left when he went to WW and avoided anyone in the division who could punch. His much vaunted speed and supposed boxing ability was exposed by bang average Peterson and his fragile mandible by Garcia. Since then he's been on the hunt for paydays that don't involve being KTFO by Kell Brook.

4. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Pac is semi-shot and was since KTFO6. He changed his style even more, became gun-shy, even slower and more war torn en route to fighting Mayweather. He looked like an Old Great relying solely on old tricks to convincingly beat Vargas.

Khan has been past it since before the birth of his child. Once he had his kid, he became even worse. He has also slowed down and doesn't have the same level of dedication. Khan isn't 'near' prime either, he's truly past prime.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  5. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    The khan logic is completely flawed though. You determine if a fighter is past his prime if he can't do something today that he could yesterday. If khan fought canelo in 2010 would the results be any different? He'll no. Khan has always had a weak chin, getting wobbled by algeiri just confirms that some more, how does confirming something to have always been true logically make him past his prime? It's laughable, less than 2 years ago he had the most dominant win over a very solid opponent, then gets ko'd by a MW champ and he's past it? Is brooke past it?

As for PAC, shot means your shot ie RJJ. PAC is arguably the no.1 WW in the world and would probably start out as favourite in the bookies against anyone not named Floyd. In what world does that mean he's shot?

Bunch of sensationalist boxing fans are

KO KIDD, Willie Maeket and Barrera like this.
  6. Stuarty

Stuarty Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    PAC man is in the twighlight of his career nobody can deny that. He is still better than most at the weight though.

Khan should have been more active these past few years, he may not be past it as such but don't think he has the hunger or desire he once had.

7. Hatesrats

Hatesrats "I'm NOT Suprised..." Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Pax has been a shadow of himself since the Margarito fetal position fight & but moe importantly since Ariza left camp. ("Shakes".) Khan just has the curse of the glass chin. (Itiswhatitis)

Willie Maeket likes this.
  8. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Julio Diaz, maidana, Alvarez, Garcia couldn't punch? Ye some of those aren't WW's but why single out WW, he's only had 5 fights there.

All that time he was chasing Garcia and PAC too so he wasn't exactly avoiding punchers.

9. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    The hate for Khan I legit lol'd. That said his fight against Alexander showed he's not past his prime, that was actually over 2 years ago but not much has happened since then to prove he's any different from that fighter. That was the most dominant win of his career against a decent opponent.

10. rathalos

rathalos Active Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2014
    pac started to decline after the margarito bout.

Barrera and ashishwarrior like this.
  11. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Key words dominant and decent not to mention a non puncher
    Aron Martinez you got him as a world beater
    Seriously nothing happens to khan since Alexander no just gktfo like a dead man
    Go check what getting g knockout like that does to the brain
    Once it happens to wicky he was never the same and he had as more punch resistance than khan

12. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    I think you've misunderstood my post. It asks when did Khan become past prime and I said when he went to WW as that's when he started ducking punchers. And 'only' had 5 fights there? That's where he's been campaigning and claiming he belongs. Since the Garcia loss he has avoided punchers outside of that ill-advised 155 fight with Canelo which he took for the payday. His choice of opponents at WW tell us he has no faith in himself these days.

Also who did Diaz ever KO above LW that made him such a fearsome proposition? Come off it, Khan's run at 147 has been awful and the reason why is obvious.

13. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    I thoight he looked great in JMM3 match, JMM was just a nightmare style for him.

JMM4 - both looked past it. PAC looked sluggish and slower but was planting his feet. JMM looked more vulnerable than ever, apart from jmm1 round 1, JMM has never looked that vulnerable against PAC and was on his way out, but with some good ol roids, 4 fight exp with PAC, he times him perfectly to land that bomb.

Thought PAC looked very good vs floyd, much closer fight than people say and imo both guys would have beaten any WW that night. He was countering floyd and I've never seen anyone counter floyd aside from Judah.

He's past it but nowhere near shot.

Staminakills likes this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Khan is the most overrated fighter inhave ever seen. He is average to below average at most things but he posseses incredible speed.

Overpaid and overhyped gatekeeper

15. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    You just answered half of your opening question regarding PAC
    Now you just need to work out when khan did
    And some one with a sweet name gave that one to you
    Thread is done