When will Floyd get proper credit?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stinky gloves, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Stinky gloves

Stinky gloves Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 31, 2007
    Respect from all the fans which are pleased that he is the best.

2. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    That will never happen....Hatton is WAY too small.

3. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Floyd will never get the credit he deserves. Some of it is due to his own asshattedness, and some of it is due to the fact that slick technical, defensive boxers rarely ever get huge fan recognition.

4. maracho

maracho Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2007
    Margarito has fought more ranked welterweights and is ranked # 1 yet Floyd is ranked champion :huh

5. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 13, 2006
    As much as I dislike the mans attitude and personality.... Who's beating him? Really

6. grayggr

grayggr Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2006
    I think Floyd does get credit for being a 5 weight world champion, that much cannot be denied. No one doubts that speed wise and defence wise he is on another level to most elite fighters of the current era.

The problem is attitude and humility. He pretty much disrespects most fighter he steps in the ring, or if he doesn't his buffoon team of handlers do. He talks about KO'ing them out, doing x,y and z to them. Then steps into the ring and dances round the outside throwing the occassional flurry and winning by a wide points decision in a thoroughly dull affair.

I definitely give him his dues and credit for the skill, but would prefer to watch a Hatton, Cotto, Pac Man, Arca, Margarito, Mosley, anyday of the week as they come to fight.