When will Jonny Fisher fight someone with a Pulse?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bfcad, May 23, 2023.

1. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    At some point in the next 12 months a fight against Nathan Gorman would be good for him. I don’t know how dedicated Gorman is these days but it would be an exciting fight and a good step up for Bosh.

Rayaitch, Astro, SeanB1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    And mangled Daniel’s career.

Dubois had been boxing since aged 9. Fisher started 10 years after that. So nowhere near the same. Easy

Holler likes this.
  3. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Ahhhh yes, the Dubois who is currently in negotiations for a world title fight against Usyk......career well and truly mangled,imagine falling to depths of fighting for a chance to win 3 World titles. Mind you, its a strange world, apparently there is a cost of living crisis that only effects Matchroom shows aswell

Sonny1 likes this.
  4. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    hes a young fella needs time yes he looks crap but he is young he only took it up not long ago his old man is a funny fella but to fat he looks unhealthy sort your old man out jonny hes a walking heart attack lovely fella make sure hes around when you win your titles mate

Sonny1 likes this.
  5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Didn't stop people constantly bagging Anthony Yarde back in the day whilst singing Buatsi' praises.

Bfcad likes this.
  6. Trafford

Sep 29, 2018
    He’s not fighting Usyk. If he does he’s not ready and will be taken to school.

That Matchroom show at the weekend looked buzzing to me. So too was the Guadalajara show before that. If you don’t think Matchroom are currently the biggest promoter in boxing then your biased unfortunately

7. Trafford

Sep 29, 2018
    Agreed. I think a large part of that was Buatsi had talent given the Olympic pedigree. Most felt the way Yarde was being built up really low par opposition he was nothing but a hype job. although he’s limited he’s show solid displays in the losses he has taken meanwhile Buatsi has failed to deliver in the same time period that it now looks a 50/50 fight.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  8. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Fair play. Didn't think you'd give Yarde any credit.

9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    This! The longer you delay Johnny's encounter with a decent boxer the more tickets you sell...

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    He's bang average and flogs tickets. They will keep him against fodder for as long as they can get away with people stilling buying tickets.

Luckily for them I doubt his fan base are the most intelligent bunch

Inglis_1 and DramaShow like this.
  11. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Yeah definitely. He's got decent power I'll give him that but his fundamentals are white collar boxer level.

SeanB1 likes this.
  12. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Shades of Babic. Popular gimmick. The wheels will come off.

Astro and Inglis_1 like this.
  13. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    He isn't ready, very little amateur experience and still relatively young. Don't expect him to step up much more for 2 or 3 fights yet.

14. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Fair summary here. I like watching Yarde, he's got a level but will always be entertaining trying to reach it. You can't say the same of Buatsi who seems to stay in a comfort zone.

SeanB1 and Trafford like this.
  15. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    He is a very intelligent and business savvy lad, I think he realises he isn't that great currently and probably won't ever be but will probably look for an easy route to some sort of title at some point or big fight

Wizbit1013 likes this.