When will people realise that Dillian Whyte is an absolute bum heavyweight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Feb 20, 2016.

1. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Oh now this is interesting.....all of a sudden you don't care about the green and gold belt now Eddie's name's getting mentioned.....hmm how interesting.

Now AJ is out the picture (cos he is) Whyte should be on his way to mixing it up with the big boys over the pond. Not scrabbling around swapping gloves and getting busted for literal 60 year old steroids. It's time for him to move on.

Yeah he's doing epic at the moment. Definitely not on his way to being banned and still in contention for the mando.

2. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    “Getting nowhere with Hearn”, yeah just nearly 300k on PPV against a nobody.

I said on here before the Rivas fight it would do bad numbers and I was wrong, they’ve built Whyte very well and I don’t see how anyone can deny that.

Aydamn likes this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    There is nothing savy about Wilder you ate naive to think Wilder makes any real decisions.

It does not take a genius to watch the man converse to realise he is an airhead.

Wilder is much dumber than you think but surrounded by experienced men.

Wilder turned down all that money and what is he doing now? Living off interest? And what smart man says no to more money? More business?

Will he live in Alabama for the test of his life? Bound by his small time thinking? Of low cost housing?

No pension plan in boxing you make as much as you can and then pull out at the right time

Joshua made 10 times as much as Wilder in half the time. And Joshua has plenty of business going on outside boxing ring

UKboxingfan likes this.
  4. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Sorry mate but you’re sounding very salty there. You’re making it sound like he’s struggling when he’s just done near 300k on PPV against a nobody, he clearly has a very big fan base whether you like it or not and that’s because he’s been promoted and built up properly unlike some other heavyweights out there.

Aydamn likes this.
  5. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    You do realise his career is now effectively over don't you?

6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    That worked well for Tyson, Holyfield, Hearns, Louis, Robinson...

I could go on.

305th likes this.
  7. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    He wont be banned, he will get mando back

He has a better resume than Wilder, a bigger fanbase, and probably earnt as much or even more without being a champ or being in a world title fight.

Those are some serious credentials, 300k Ppv off an uknown and 5 million payday for Chisora in a non title fight

Whyte is the man, just waiting for Wilder to sign the contract and grow a pair

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  8. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    You're glass half full I'll give you that.

9. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Why? Was it over for Tyson fury when he was in a similar position? Was it over for Ortiz because he’s tested positive twice and is getting his 2nd title shot?

With a fan base as big as Whyte’s, he will come again IF he is guilty of some of the allegations. If he’s not guilty, he moves on his upward curve.

Aydamn likes this.
  10. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Fair do's, the pair of you are eternal optimists.

Twentyman and CutThroatFade like this.
  11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    It’s overflowing by any reasonable measure.

You just cant beat those stats by Whyte today

Did more work before a title shot than any of these guys

Beat more top ten opponents then Wilder

12. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    I’m not even a Whyte fan, I personally didn’t pay for the PPV as felt it wasn’t worth it but to say Whyte and Hearn haven’t done a good job together and got him into a great position is just wrong.

Aydamn likes this.
  13. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    No optimism here just pure hard undeniable facts of life.

All these stats and credentials can be verified by any human with an internet connection.

You are the pessimist here.

UKboxingfan likes this.
  14. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    You could argue he's got Dave Allen in a great position too relative to what his actual abilities are; but I don't think Mayweather is too worried yet about getting his car collection bettered by him. See what I'm saying? "Little Englander" is a phrase you know.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  15. 305th

Apr 28, 2018
    Never very far from the surface is it? The "muh A-side" rallying cry that's served you lot for so well over the last 5 years.

Furious likes this.
  16. UKboxingfan

Nov 28, 2018
    Don’t see what you’re saying at all, is Whyte supposed to be as big as Mayweather? If you can’t admit that Whyte doing 300k against a nobody is very good then there’s no point trying to reason with you.

If he comes through this then he’s going places and with his fan base could be absolutely anything.

Him and Parker did nearly 500k for a non-title fight and I wouldn’t call Parker a huge star.