When will people realise that Dillian Whyte is an absolute bum heavyweight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Feb 20, 2016.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    A “nonsense thread” yet my assessment of his ability and prediction was bang on. Hyperbole yes, this is a forum and people can make OTT statements just because it’s a bit of fun but the assessment was bang on. I could see it back then and really he made very little improvements in those six years.

Even the Parker and Chisora wins were really not great at all. In the Parker fight and first Chisora fight Whyte could barely stand at the end. And his first KD of Parker was the result of a brutal head clash. In the second Chisora fight, he was getting outboxed before his KO and in the first fight he was extremely lucky not to have a KD ruled against him in the final round when he was held up by the ropes. let’s not even mention him getting obliterated by a substantially deteriorated post-prime Povetkin.

2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    That Fury trilogy would end nearly all careers at their ages and he probably does not have much left now.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I think if anything it puts wilders punch power in to a legendary catergory now.

Jurgen and themaster999 like this.
  4. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    So where does this win sit in Tysons resume then? And what's next for Whyte?

5. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Not really. If he was indeed the hardest punching heavy of all time then it doesn't hold up if he's been in the ring with the same man THREE TIMES and not be able to KO him.

6. BoxingAddick

Nov 28, 2021
    No but he is such a dreadful boxer and his power carried him all the way to a world title he held for years.

7. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Fury was very lucky for the first fight not to be stopped as many a ref would have taken one look and waved it off. Wilder was also very close to stopping Fury in the 3rd fight.

Fury and Big John will tell you how dangerous Wilder is in the ring and they cannot even stand the man.

Twentyman likes this.
  8. BoxingAddick

Nov 28, 2021
    Look at how many
    Look at how many big punching heavyweights achieve nothing. Wilder was a poor boxer but his power alone got him to a world title. Thqts an achievement.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  9. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Whyte has always been on a Chisora level.

10. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I rank it maybe slightly ahead of Fury’s win over Chisora the second time. For me the real nonsense is Fury retiring when he is one fight away from a full unification fight against Usyk. I get that he may mentally feel ready to retire but it doesn’t sit right with me because it’s not as if he is punch drunk and he has huge physical advantages over Usyk. He really should take that fight provided Usyk beats Joshua again as expected.

As for Whyte, if it were me I’d retire because he has now suffered three huge devastating concussive KOs against big HW men and he’s also consistently taken punishment throughout his career. He’s made loads of money and manages boxers as well so he has a career path already set out for him beyond boxing.

11. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah.

First came the plandemic, which prohibited a Fury-Joshua Wembley showdown that really should've happened around this time last year (Fury finishing Wilder off around the back end of 2020, leaving him free to face Joshua in the first half of 2021, with Usyk stepping aside and the WBC mugging Whyte off).

Then Anthony blew it by losing to Usyk. (Albeit not unexpectedly, from my point of view.)

I still allowed myself to forget the relatively humdrum opponent and enjoy the event and the occasion for what it was, however. It was nice to see all of that razzle-dazzle laid on just for him, the star of the show, whereas Fury and Joshua would have been more even billing, perhaps a closely split crowd. That moment when he seated himself on the throne — fists pumping the air as he bathed in the admiration of an almost six-figure crowd, pyrotechnics exploding high overhead — had been a long time coming, and it was thoroughly deserved.

There is no room for argument over who British Boxing's true superstar is now. None.

Fury has won the nation — not the establishment, but the people.

It's a beautiful day, man. Take the time to savour it.

Twentyman and ryanm8655 like this.
  12. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Usyk is a very hard fight for him when he already has WWE and Ngannou lined up for probably more money. I genuinely feel that Usyk himself as a fighter does not excite Fury or give him any motivation to carry on. He feeds of adrenaline and Usyk does not bring any of that, he is only popular with hardcore fans and most casuals think he is boring. If Joshua beats Usyk not a chance that Fury does not take that fight. At present he is a free agent too.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  13. BoxingAddick

Nov 28, 2021
    It has to be Joshua or Benn in my expert opinion.

Say what you want about Fury but he has served a drugs ban. AJ has never taken peds.

But then again Benn has beaten algieri, van herden in the last 12 months so its who you like.

14. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    :lol:

Good one, man.

BoxingAddick and ryanm8655 like this.
  15. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I have to disagree with that. How can an undisputed fight not excite Fury? Usyk is also now big in the UK and will become bigger if he wins the rematch. It’s a huge fight and an opportunity for Fury to genuinely cement himself as arguably the best ever HW.

If WWE and Ngannou appeals to Fury more than that I don’t know what to say. There is substantially more money in an undisputed fight as well.

If Usyk beats Joshua again and Fury decides to commit to his retirement, he can’t really complain if fans give him ducking jibes.