Where does AJ go after the rematch?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Townsend, Jun 18, 2019.

1. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    I've seen a lot of comments referring to the fact that AJ's career is finished If he loses the rematch to Ruiz Jr.
    I agree to an extent although I believe Eddie Hearn's influence and wallet can get AJ matched again.

What do you think will happen to AJ If he loses again?

2. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    AJ could fight for ages if he wanted to and get paid well, not like before but still good. However , I think he retires if he loses to Ruiz again - I’m not entirely sure he has the hunger or desire anymore. The rematch will tell us a lot...

3. BIGLU

BIGLU Member Full Member

May 28, 2019
    I'd say it's really dependant on how Ruiz performs in his subsequent matches.
    If he went on to blow away wilder for example, in hindsight the losses wouldn't look all that bad. Maybe AJ is still very good but Andy is just THAT good.
    If he loses again to Ruiz and then wilder or fury beat Ruiz then his days at the top could very be over imo.

He could always go the long route, fight his way back up over time.

red_roo, The Townsend and UKboxingfan like this.
  4. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Extended layoff I reckon. Dave Allen, then Dubois, Joyce or Gorman.

5. The Townsend

Mar 21, 2019
    Joyce the personalty of boxing? Would love to see AJ Joyce actually. Robot vs Robot. Terminator 2.

NickHow1982 likes this.
  6. The Townsend

Mar 21, 2019
    I agree. I'm sure he is 100 mil plus In the bank to live off plus his sponsors etc.

Unless he goes the long route.

7. The Townsend

Mar 21, 2019
    Great comment. If Wilder blows him away In style then yes it would make AJ look like just another pumped up heavyweight.

I generally think Ruiz Jr Is a good boxer though and his pedigree really benefited him in the fight.

BIGLU and NickHow1982 like this.
  8. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Back to the olympia where the bodybuilder belongs.

9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Styles make fights. He could still carry on.

I refer back to MAB losing to Jnr Jones twice b2b. In today's would forums like this would have been calling for MAB to retire after those two defeats.

After those two defeats he went on to beat Naz, Morales twice, Tapia as well as fighting JMM and Pacquiao twice.

Losing to one particular fighter does not mean one loses to everyone else.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    If AJ wins he continues his quest to become undisputed Heavyweight champion of the world. If he loses but fights well he obviously continues.

11. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Could be a long time if he is only capable of fighting twice a year now.

305th likes this.
  12. octane

octane New Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2019
    New promoter maybe :dunno EH is pushing hard for rematch as it's time to cash AJ out. Prior to his obliteration by Ruiz, AJ aka the UK version of Clenelo needed his own special medication, refs and judges and now that AJ has been exposed he just cant cut the mustard at Ruiz's level and beyond. AJ is a broken shell of a man and still hiding behind a false and media programmed personna and it's taking its toll with his fake profile (but it works for marketing as the majority buy into it so earns him £££££ and sympothy votes) but he will now go down the same path as what David Price has. With the multiple KO's AJ has suffered in sparring there is only so much he can take and when he has to step it up to Ruiz's level and beyond again he will just be a fringe fighter outside the elite and get destoyed.....everyone has his number. He is mentally broken forever and will now go into panic/freeze mode when somebody stands up to him and his gas tank will deplete immediatley.

AJ has been great for boxing and kudos for even getting into the ring....but the promotional team and all the hype has been a smokescreen....money first....boxing second but hey....thats why we work....to earn...and he's sorted for life. He's better walking away with his marbles intact as he will get seriously hurt now that the bubbles burst and his mind goes into shutdown/quit mode from now on.

To note: The reason he NEVER fought the elite has always come down to one thing and thats EH trying to financially wrap up and protect AJ with regards to the rematch clause. AJ getting the majority split even if he lost....Im talking over 70%+ for AJ as a challenger....the elite aint muppets to fall for this lowball and EH knew this hence why it was written in there.....he called the elites bluff to ensure they wouldnt sign up based on this greed. It was a clever ploy to further protect AJ as he knew it was over if he ever had to step up.

:comp4::biggrin:

Grinder and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  13. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Let's see confirmation of said rematch from both sides of the pond first, shall we, with listed venue and pencilled in date.

DimitarB likes this.
  14. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    It's you and your good pal Tony that have placed so much stock in "muh A side" for Joshua being an unbeaten fighter previously.

15. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013