Where does Wilder go from here? Is this the end of his career?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by UFC2020, Feb 22, 2020.

1. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    For one I hope he takes all the time in the world to recover from the damage he took tonight and forget about that immediate Fury rematch

But will be ever be the same again in the ring? Did the damage he took tonight be career ending?

BitPlayerVesti and GlassJoe like this.
  2. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    He’s a bum. Had no career, beaten nobody and never will do.

3. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    He shipped a lot of punishment.

4. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Evgeny Romanov, who knocked him out as an amateur:

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/768670

Just like Tyson coming back against Tillman, except that Romanov has built himself into a good pro. Beating him would send a message.

But I think Wilder should quit. It was a good run, but the fraud train is FINALLY deralied.

5. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    He just made like 20 million bucks easy there tiger

ndthentherewasx likes this.
  6. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Of course its not the end for him. If hes smart and avoids the Fury rematch, they will simply 'rebuild' him by letting him knock out the next cycle of fallguys and build up another big showdown with a name.

Hes got smart matchmakers and Im sure they will keep his career alive for a couple more years.

7. UFC2020

Sep 15, 2019
    That's just the guarantee, PPV money will top it even further. Both fighters made their career highest payday tonight

GK BOX likes this.
  8. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    He can and will still come back. His power is good enough to keep him relevant for a long time.

Brixton Bomber, TipNom and GK BOX like this.
  9. UFC2020

Sep 15, 2019
    I hope he now seriously goes back to the drawing board and seriously does real soul searching and work on his skills. Firing his team will be the perfect start. They were completely incompetent tonight, they should have thrown in the towel by round 5, they let him take too much punishment

Finkel and TipNom like this.
  10. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I still want to see Wilder fight Whyte and Joshua. I think there is a good chance Whyte beats him now.

Also wanted to see him fight Povetkin, but now Povetkin is too old now which is a pitty. I thought that fight was a clear win for Povetkin at the time.

kostya by ko and TipNom like this.
  11. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    When you have one punch KO power and it is your primary strategy, the team is forced to leave you in there till they are confident you have zero chance. That's exactly what happened tonight.

12. PrinceNaseemHamed

PrinceNaseemHamed Walk Like A Champion Full Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Who really wants/needs him

You’ll get no credit for beating him after what Fury just done, still a chance he’ll land the equalizer on you and he isn’t a cash cow you’ll get mega bucks to fight

13. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Just stick it on him and he’ll fold, easy nights work.

14. RememberingC.S.

RememberingC.S. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 9, 2012
    This is the end! The bum has been exposed! He's only fought cans his entire career, he's 35, he's never gonna fight anyone else of note.

He ducked fights his netire career. He wnated none of anyone dangerous, and when he finally accepted to fight an inactive Fury that he tought was shot and pillow fisted, he lost twice in a row.

Now he's gonna fight some cans for some years, and then disappears. This clown has lasted even too long

Usercom and UKboxingfan like this.
  15. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    A fight with Charles Martin is on the way I believe.

Oneirokritis likes this.