Where is Ike Ibeabuchi ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Jan 27, 2022.

1. split_decision

split_decision Electronic information tampers with your soul Full Member

Apr 14, 2010
    I thought he was finally a free man, but I found this and nobody seems to know where he is
    This content is protected

2. TheMikeLake

TheMikeLake Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Yeah this is a weird one. I think even if you look him up in the system he's been removed. My guess is he either died in custody or was deported to Nigeria.

Jackman65 likes this.
  3. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    It literally says: "Now understand that he was indeed deported back to Nigeria and at one point was being held and his case processed in the Nigeria Immigration Service in Abuja."

That's where he is.

4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Jumping parol?

edit:
    this figures!

5. Barrf

Barrf Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    This makes more sense. Where it said:

"He holds a green card and his citizenship was pending only the formal swearing in. However, in April 2016, Ibeabuchi was arrested for violating the conditions of his probation in Gilbert, Arizona, based on an old warrant dating back to 2003 that he claimed to be unaware of.

Ibeabuchi was released on September 23, 2020, from the Arizona State penal system after serving required time, and his probationary status was overturned on appeal. He was thought to be being held at the United States Immigration, Customs and Enforcement (ICE) in Eloy, Arizona, during the COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus period until his swearing in ceremony and the formal awarding of U.S. citizenship can be scheduled, either while in detainee custody or after final release."

That is not how it works. A "green card" means you are a lawful permanent resident -- you are not held by ICE. If he had one and they were trying to strip it (more likely), then you could be in ICE custody, but you sure as **** wouldn't be approved for US citizenship at the same time.

Sounds more like he HAD a green card, lost it for his various felonies, had it stripped, was deported.

6. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I read the whole thing. He's in Nigeria.

Scar and Jackman65 like this.
  7. split_decision

Apr 14, 2010
    Free in Nigeria ?

8. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Sadly over the years I lost touch with Ike. Its my honest opinion he never ever got a fair shake from the US justice system. Ike had problems as we all know but no one stepped up to help him. He was never given the proper treatment, he was in prison & not the hospital where he could have been helped. All everyone saw in him was a possible future world heavyweight champion & the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that brings.
    The bringing up of a supposed offence in 2003 stinks to my mind.
    The book states that the woman was a stripper & only came to strip . Then she claimed Ike attacked her LOL
    Neither the "stripper", what stripper goes alone to a mans hotel room just to strip ,?? if he had really attacked anyone they would have been hurt
    I just wish him all the best & hope & pray someone is helping him at last

Olu G. Rotimi and Reinhardt like this.
  9. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    The human skull wasn't built for that war he had with Tua. Those guys took a lot of healthy years (brain function or otherwise) off one another that night.

split_decision and Keleneki like this.
  10. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Why, is you his babymomma?

11. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    :lol:

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
  13. split_decision

Apr 14, 2010
    now understand? doesn't know for certain, if Ike was free he'd be talking about a comeback with the press again

14. grantsorenson

grantsorenson Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2021
    That was a brutal fight for sure.

15. TBI

TBI Active Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Hmmm Gilbert, AZ is 10min from me...