Where is Wilder?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JacobEr, Apr 15, 2018.

1. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Well Hearn/AJ have put it right on them. I can't wait until I see this counter offer, I believe it's going to be hilarious.

Hearn (and Joshua) have said.. you say the fight is worth 100million, then guarantee us/pay us 60million and we will sign today.

Wilder gets his 40%, the 40% he has demanded and AJ will go to the US for the fight, they will travel for 60million.

But the truth is Wilder can't sell 10k of tickets, he hasn't got PPV numbers and he earns around 1.5-2million a fight.

I genuinely can't wait for this counter offer after Shirley Winkle, Wilder and his fanboys have said this fight is worth 100million.

Mr Icaman and SmackDaBum like this.
  2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Then Wilder's side can't afford to go quiet or look like they're baulking. They need to keep up their end.

They look like they're all bark at this point, as usual.

3. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    scared

whimpering in alabama

Scissors likes this.
  4. Bigredmac1992

Bigredmac1992 New Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2018
    If wilder wanted the fight that bad he would of been at the Joshua vs Parker fight wilders a no show

Scissors and SmackDaBum like this.
  5. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    If your looking for Wilder he will be in an Alabama sand pit with his head buried in it like some of his fans. He ran there when he was asked "OK you dont feel that fee was worth your time, so what are you worth to this fight". It seems everybody is able to say what he isnt worth but nobody is coming forward to say what he IS worth.

cuz if they thought about it and tried to break it down it is less than 12.5 million.

6. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Wilder said he'd come over if they let him enter the ring and call out the winner. They told him he couldn't. So he told them to shove it.

covetousjuice likes this.
  7. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    There are people arguing this like their lives depended on it :D

Calculators at their sides arguing numbers they are plucking from the sky as if they are are going to make money themselves out of it.

I want to see the fight get made. But unlike others, I am still sleeping at night, not waking up in a cold sweat over a percentage of a number nobody even knows.

greenhornet likes this.
  8. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Its pretty obvious this fight isn't going to get made in the near future..

Both sides are right in their own way.

AJ is the money man and seems to do all the work so why should he pay big money to others to ride his coat tails.. Really he is giving these guys life changing money because of him not what they are bring to the table..

On the other had Wilders team will need a % split and will want it to be worth their while to risk the belt..

The other problem is this is a big risk for both fighters, the loser (especially in Wilders case) go back to being a small time player so they both need to make sure the fight makes sense for them in case they lose...

Really both teams are just going through the motions to keep the "fans" happy (lol silly fans) but the fight more than likely won't be made anything soon..

It probs will happen in 3 or 4 years when Wilder is past it and really is ready for the big cash out. He will take the pay and lose but it will be a big pay which he won't get now..

Holler likes this.
  9. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I saw that new YouTube clip where Eddie goes over, in specific detail, the offer they made to Wilder

but it’s obvious Wyler is not as willing to fight as he claims

——Five times—— Wilder’s highest pay day, guaranteed, and he won’t accept it

Keep in mind, the sales aren’t certain and you they really have no idea how much this fight will or will not bring in.....but regardless of how much it brings in or not, Wilder is ——guaranteed—— five times his highest payday. Wow, how can you not agree to that right away??!

I think they are giving team Wilder a week or two to respond and they will move on if they don’t get an acceptance, or at least a reasonable counter offer

Scissors likes this.
  10. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    Wilder is gone into the Wild:D

11. OpinionOfACasual

OpinionOfACasual Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 3, 2017
    If Wilder truly believes he wins the fight then he takes it for 10%.....

Beats Joshua, and names his price in a rematch.

12. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder does not want to fight Joshua, it's that simple.............

13. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I hope everyone here is consistent if Wilder's counter offer would provide AJ with his highest career payday

60\40 is perfect, pretty much everyone agrees that and knows that's the deal that gets the fight made. That's what we should be pushing for both sides to agree one. And assuming you do agree 60\40 is the right spilt then you know damn well that 12.5M isn't enough. Just like Hearn knows it.

14. Talivar

Talivar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 22, 2008
    It just makes me sad how people are so eager to reward lazyness :(

15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Yeah as long as its 5 x higher or its $50 mil flat fee