Where Was The Usa Support?????

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chief_Second, Jul 7, 2007.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    U-S-A chants in sports make me ashamed to be an American. :nod

2. Smazz20

Smazz20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 19, 2006
    Exactly. I'd understand his point if he was talking about a big name fighter, but Lamon Brewster? That'd be like asking why dosen't Junior Witter bring 10,000 fans to his fights!

3. Club Fighter

Club Fighter Boxing Addict banned

Oct 12, 2005
    I don't think you've actually grasped how vast a country the US really is. What you would consider international travel in Europe wouldn't amount to more than just interstate travel in the US. The differences in population, language, religion & customs that you experience when traveling throughout Europe can be experienced by Americans domestically. We have access to things domestically that you would have to seek out in a foreign land. I can go to Hawaii, or Florida where it's sun & sand all year round. In the same token I can go to Juneau, Alaska where the temperature will max out at 45 degrees Fahrenheit in the heart of the summer. If i wanna see the desert I can go to Nevada. There's so much to experience and discover within our own boundaries that we don't feel compelled to go to a foreign land to seek out something unique. Hell, in my city alone I can hear every single language that there is in Europe, bar none, and that's no exaggeration. Until you're confronted with the myriad of options we have domestically in your own country, your opinion of our travelling habits will fall on near-deaf ears.

So, in essence, we have passports. They're called our American citizenship. It gives us access to more culture, custom, language, religion, & social capital than any other in this world. And you can take that to the bank.

4. Brickhaus

Brickhaus Packs the house Full Member

Mar 14, 2007
    If Americans were going to travel to support a fighter, why the hell would we travel to support Lamon Brewster? It's not like the Brits travel to support their second and third tier fighters, why should we?

5. lightning punch

lightning punch Casual boxing fan Full Member

Dec 19, 2006
    brits coming to see the fight and vegas and america..

americans go 3000 miles for a fight? for lamon? no

6. nulty

nulty Guest

Except we do and have. Look how many followed bruno to vegas. Bruno wasn't the best in the world.

7. Smazz20

Smazz20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 19, 2006
    and that prevents you from travelling because?

Maybe it's because their are so many Germans in your city that you already know what Germany is like:patsch

Or France? Or Britain? Or Spain? etc etc.

It dosen't matter how many cultures you have in your country. It's still America. You can have all the Chinatowns you want. It dosen't make it China. I could go to Iceland or Norway just as easily as I could got to Greece or Spain. I could probably do it easier than you could get to Alaska or Hawaii.

But again, what does that have to do with wanting to travel to follow a sporting event?

8. nulty

nulty Guest

Actually most go just for the fight. Every fight I've travelled for I've stayed two nights, three on a couple of ocassions. I've taken longer trips to the USA just not fight related.

9. Brickhaus

Mar 14, 2007
    No, but he was ENGLAND's best fighter. Every country supports their best. I don't see the English following Robin Reid to the four corners of the globe to watch his fights. Following Brewster would be akin to that.

10. nulty

nulty Guest

I and number of others followed him to germany and florida. How many yanks came over here to support their best supermiddle against Joe Calzaghe?

PS he was englands best heavyweight not best fighter.

11. Brickhaus

Mar 14, 2007
    Yeah, you and like 50. I'm sure there were 50 Americans at the Brewster fight. They just didn't make damn fools of themselves while watching the fight. US spectators have a much greater sense of decorum than most Euro sports fans.

12. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    YOOOUUUUU-ESSSSSSSS-AYYYYYYYYYYYY

YOOOUUUUU-ESSSSSSSS-AYYYYYYYYYYYY

:-(

13. nulty

nulty Guest

You mean their tongues don't come through customs? You summed it perfectly by calling the US guys spectators and the european guys fans, a big difference in terms.

14. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    i think it is just a cultural thing.

in the uk away support is the norm .

in spain for instance away support even quite local is virtually non exsistent.

from watching american football it seems there is hardly any away support.

this football metality support transfers to boxing as well in the uk for sure, more so than any other nation.

pole`s turn out in force in america for there boxers as well.

15. buddynabuick

buddynabuick Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2007

Shouldn't it have been called a "quittage?":lol: