Where would a Wlad win over AJ rank?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by andrewa1, Mar 27, 2017.

1. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    All time, for former champs trying to regain a title. Obviously, we don't know how ajs career is going to wind up, so alot of room to manuever. But, ostensibly, a win over an Olympic SHW gold medal winning undefeated champ with two successful defenses would have to be one of the three or four greatest wins of any former HW champ in history. If you don't agree, please name 4 other better wins by former champs. I can only think of Ali Foreman, Holyfield Bowe(disputable win), Vitali Peter as comparing to it off hand.

For the record, I view this as a 50/50 fight.

Staminakills likes this.
  2. rhin0z>

rhin0z> Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 13, 2014
    not a fan of wald but he pulls this off , it's the stuff legends are made of.

Thanos, GALVATRON, Ant Sutton and 6 others like this.
  3. Jimako

Jimako Active Member Full Member

Sep 13, 2016
    I am a fan of both but Vlad being 41 and out of the ring for 2 years will have an effect. Wish this fight happened year earlier. Ring rust sucks...

4. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    I think if he managed to win next month, it will solidify Wlad ATG status as one of the 10 best heavies of all time. It could even be top 5 if Joshua go on to achieve great things.
    As for the win, it will be mention with the likes of Holyfield Tyson and foreman moorer.

CST80, drenlou and Peril like this.
  5. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    beating the potential leon spinks of his era is another feather in his cap.

6. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Vlad was world champion over over ten years in a row, a win over Jacobs will make him a three time world champion/heavyweight division................Vitali said that if Vlad is focused, the fight will be easy...................I agree, Vlad totally outclassed Jacobs in sparring not too long ago, Vlad is a young 41, tons of experience, would have knocked Fury out in a rematch. I know why he lost to Fury, he was not focused for person reasons.............he will be focused this time............

On The Money likes this.
  7. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Depending how it goes, it might be better than when Floyd beat Ingo, or when Holy defeated Bowe, or when Ali beat Spinks, or when Lewis beat Rahman. But I tend to believe that it would have to be something special to surpass those instances. And no matter what happens, it falls short of the mark with Foreman beating Moorer.

I think otherwise, it inherently has a strong case up against any other example.

CST80 and drenlou like this.
  8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Depends the manner in which he wins and how AJs career pans out after.

FWIW, i think if AJ doesn't get him out for there in the first 4-5 rounds it could be a great night for WK

madballster likes this.
  9. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    If Wlad does win, I read somewhere AJ has a rematch clause. So another question is: Would Wlad honor the rematch clause, especially after complaining how Fury ducked him in such an unhonorable fashion.

greenhornet likes this.
  10. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
  11. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Wlad is in a good position here, if he loses it's because
    he's old. If he wins, it just solidifies him as a top 15 HW
    (which honestly he already is)

It'd be kinda like old fat Lennox (Ko6) Vitali. Even at the
    end of his career, he was able to turn back his stiffest
    challenge.

Ant Sutton, drenlou and Staminakills like this.
  12. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Where a win would rank will depend on if your an AJ hater or an AJ fanboy. and an AJ win will be the same, People will always find some way of discrediting a fighter no matter what.

drenlou and Staminakills like this.
  13. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Would be sweet if Wlad wins by dirty boxing and a tko6, retires as no rematch required. In truth though Wlad haters will find a way to reduce the significance of any win. Btw Wlad WILL win this fight, brace yourself haters.

14. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Why should he give Joshua a rematch if he wins? He should've been fighting a rematch with Fury?

15. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Hypothetically of course,
    That would be ,(by an entirety different realm) wlads greatest win. Obviously in hindsight , to me that would be a better and bigger upset than Douglas tko over tyson. Of course, back then tyson was hyped to the max and Douglas was a journeyman, but I knew what was tyson glaring limitations, so not totally surprising.

Wlad couldn't pull the trigger against far lesser threats in his last couple eggs he laid, I literally can't picture a scenerio which gives wlad that punches chance. He's going to be under fire from shots he's never dealt with before.

Wlad makes it to round 8, I'll be shocked and that's a huge win for wlad