Which boxer would have stopped Conor quicker than Floyd did?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Feb 7, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Hopefully they realise now that a top boxer will always beat any MMA fighter in the ring even if they are 41 years old.

2. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    And they'll realise the gulf is that big that the boxer can adopt totally different tactics and play until he wants to close the show

mark ant likes this.
  3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    God almighty, you can’t really believe that.

So why didn’t Floyd get him out of there early doors? Don’t pretend that he carried him for show, because we both know he never.

Boxing fans need to realise that every MMA’er isn’t a pro grappler! Lots get by with just striking. And Boxers aren’t the striking gods you think they are. They are third on the striking ladder.

MT
    KB
    Boxing

4. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    Of course I believe it, you think im rattling on to you for fun ????? I thought it was fixed, for the reasons I stated before, so Connor can bounce back after..The Jap guy he fought didn't have as much behind him as McGregor did, being the UFC's biggest star, maybe ever fans and hype wise...
    Totally agree, but they are doing it against other MMA guys, not what some(not me) class as one of the greatest pugilists to grace the ring. The gulf between them was pathetic...Oh **** yeah Connor had a few AM fights in Dublin 20 yr ago lol, yeah forgot bout that...Not 1 pro fight behind him with Gloves, zero knowledge on how to pace or properly defend himself against a elite pro boxer a couple years retired....
    You got blagged properly Brixton !

5. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    If the fight wasn't fixed to protect the UFC & McGregor brand, then Floyd could have ended this noob inside 30 seconds

6. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Floyd couldn’t finish a Kickboxer 3-4 divisions below him within 30 seconds.

Lol @ “fix”! You lot are deluded.

Face it: Floyd didn’t and couldn’t get Conor out of there for 9 rounds. That’s a fact.

7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    No way boxers are by far the best strikers in combat sports. you don`t get the likes of Hearns and Julian Jackson in MT, if a MT fighter used just striking v a top boxer he would be completely outclassed.

8. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    They really aren’t though.

Hearns, under MT rules, would get his legs snapped.

You are such a noob!

9. Birmingham

Jan 13, 2017
    I couldn't be bothered replying to that, the donkey thinks Boxing is 3rd down the list for striking with just the hands, have I read that right ?

mark ant likes this.
  10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Certainly, Tommy legs looked like they would snap if there was a strong draft, but a MT fighter isn`t going to snap his legs with strikes is he?

11. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Yes, he even puts kickboxers above boxers as strikers for some reason!

12. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Why not?

You honestly think Hearns goes undefeated in MT?

13. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Aint both MT and kickboxers trained to box aswell? Boxers aren't trained to kick i guess.

14. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    No, overall.

More often than not a Boxer would lose to a KB’er or MT practitioner when it comes to pure striking, not only Boxing.

I’d be daft to say something like a Boxer is 3rd on a list of HANDS ONLY striking. Just like I would be if I said “Conor gets stopped in a round if he met anyone not named Floyd Mayweather”.

There couldn’t have been a better advert for Boxing if Conor got stopped in a round. But I forgot, it was fixed. Zzzz! So fickle boxing fans are.

15. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Do you class a strike as only a punch? You massive dong.