Which boxer would have stopped Conor quicker than Floyd did?

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by mark ant, Feb 7, 2019.

1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
  2. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    In a bare knuckle fight if you land a neat fisted punch first you can win against anyone because of the pain, I know this because a Somalian broke my jaw and there`s no reason why he couldn`t break an MMA fighter`s jaw either.

3. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
  4. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Who was it ??? I bet he was tanked up to the point he could hardly stand. That said, a fat angry bird chinned me once, blind sided me and sent me tottering on my heels lol..If bouncers hadn't of seen it and kicked her out I would've probably levelled her. I was drunk and came with in a fraction of going down, drink and being blind sided, even by a fat woman can be a problem..

5. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Disagree, chins are different

6. anders100

anders100 Active Member Full Member

Mar 16, 2016
    Hey. Off-topic:

I am 23 years old, from Denmark. I started watching boxing because of Mikkel Kessler, when i was about 10 years old. The first boxing match i remember were Kessler vs Calzaghe in Cardiff in 2007. I have followed the sport since and for the last 5-6 years, i've sat up all night till 6-7 in the morning to watch the late main-events from the US every 2nd or 3rd weekend.

I've only followed MMA, mostly UFC, in like 5 years, since Jones vs Gustafsson. In the last 3 years, i've only missed a few events - and most of them also requires me being up till 5-6-7 in the morning.

The biggest difference for me is the cards. In boxing the up- and coming talents are matched with opponents they beat 10 times out of 10. It's often just a wait for the main-event. In UFC every fight has the potential of being competitive, because there is so many factors. So even though i have followed boxing twice as long, i much rather watch a UFC card than a boxing card - based on competitiveness and excitement.

I have no intention to bash either boxing or MMA, but for me, MMA/UFC got the edge. It isn't a 5-6 hour long wait for the main-event.

PIRA, Francis75 and mark ant like this.
  7. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    A good chin won`t be unbreakable though.

8. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    I posted a link to the article above as a reply to Birmingham, I`ve never heard of the boxer and after he took the woman to court she sent him a letter saying good luck in your next fight, cringe!

9. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    That was clearly an exhibition fight,Floyd carried the fight.

BoxingPurest and Francis75 like this.